Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Was all that necessary?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7887&mesg_id=7913
7913, RE: Was all that necessary?
Posted by THE TROLL UNDER THE BRIDGE, Wed Jul-17-02 03:28 PM
I am not going into christianity, or judiasm...but please tell me how its against islam to learn a martial art...or name a martial art who's philosophy goeas against islam so there fore its in the mudwanna, or ihya, or any collection of volumes of islamic law...or tell me of a martial art who said their practice is exclusive to people of a certain religion (jeet kun seelat, is indonesian muslim, and they dont even say that, christians can learn it too, or jews, or rat worshipers, dog, cow, self, anything)...and give the pages in the mudawanna and or ihya, even use fath al bari if necessary...law, thats the topic for today kids, law.

edit here

Islamic law never banned wrestling..actually one of the Prophet's (saw) great feats was that we loved wrestling and grapling...he defeated the greatest wrestler in all of arabin in his time..and condoned wrestling (the art of wrestling, not the crap on tnt)..the art and practice of proper grapling is a great stress reliever and promoted comradery among the disjointed arab tribes. other things that are legal but people like making up stuff (alot)...horse racing (camel racing), laughing (yeah there are some dummies out there who try to say dont laugh), coffee, sports, pooling (like winner of the race takes the pot), and alot of others, but my rice is burning so bye....