Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecti'm quick to change the station
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7823&mesg_id=7867
7867, i'm quick to change the station
Posted by poetx, Wed Jul-10-02 03:26 AM
i don't listen to radio much anymore b/c there's so much bullshit on that i ain't trying to listen too, much less, my kids.

usually its on a jazz station (my wife been flipping it to gospel lately). if its on any station, though, and a song comes on that's innappropriate, i'll switch. cuz don't sleep on the magic/classic oldies stations either, cause we had some trife shit in the 70's, 80's and 90's with NO RAP either.

hip hop is a conflict. there's some cd's i can listen to w/ the fam in the whip and its no prob. on some joints, i'm like a dj with NEW SHIT!!! and working the volume control like its 7 second delay. (when i used to bang LWFC all the time, it'd be like, "i'd never call you my _____ or even my boo..."

some songs, they're cussing on the low and its not something catchy or repeatable so it can slide.

as far as tv, they know the deal. nickelodeon, cartoon network, disney, animal planet, and like that. mtv and bet? hell to the naw.

my oldest (daughter, 10 years old), can watch some more mature stuff with me and my wife, but only if we're there.

video games iz strictly sports and adventure, no reaching in and pulling out someone's spleen. i think x-men is about as violent as it gets (or destruction derby).

we're pretty careful about what they're exposed to. and ask them questions if we think there's something they don't understand.

but they don't need to understand licking somebody's neck, back or asscrack while we driving to school. now cipher.

peace & blessings,

x.