Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectKids have their own tv and dvd players nowadays
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7823&mesg_id=7836
7836, Kids have their own tv and dvd players nowadays
Posted by FireBrand, Wed Jul-10-02 03:05 AM
Parents are crazy. I know I didn't own my first tv until my sophmore year in college. Growing up I could watch tv...but only PBS, Sports, The News, and the Cosby Show. I felt left out though...

" If we can't learn to live together despite the turmoil of past generations we are doomed." -Stern

"And where today is the stable community that would sustain such a couple, where one can be both poor and diginified and raise one's children with decency and hope... If the answer is education, does our society adequateley provide that tool of self-improvement to the less well off?"-- Sidney Poitier

" I'm not mad 'cus I'm losing! I'm mad 'cus I don't know how to win!" --Kevin Curtis Daniels Jr.

"And herein lies the tragedy of the age: not that men are poor,-all men know something of poverty; not that men are wicked,-who is good? Not that men are ignorant, -what is Truth? Nay, but that men know so little of men."
W.E.B. Dubois