Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectlol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7720&mesg_id=7730
7730, lol
Posted by LexM, Tue Jul-16-02 04:36 AM
>good idea - never thought of that - I'm more thinking the
>actual future of education is going to be teleologized - a
>la:
>"and now it's time for your favorite math show - Math or
>Die! with your host AJ - and on the 1s and 2s - Funkmaster
>Flex! If you answer today's questions - you might be ready
>to go take the math test at the Post Office!"

lol...that's hilarious

you might be right...but in that case, maybe it would be easier to control what kids get taught & how, as well as a little easier to gear their learning towards their personal styles.

e.g. you ask the child what s/he's interested in, the parent (or tutor) finds the appropriate classes and websites that teach them in the child's best style (write it down? have a hands-on kit? verbal interactions between the child & the computer? etc).

that way, you could filter out all the unecessary drivel, cut to the chase, AND ensure that the child is learning the way s/he KNOWS how to learn. of course, i'm oversimplyfying, but that's a positive way that could work.

>Realize that in my responses - alot of what I'm saying is
>scoping out what direction I think things are going in -
>which IMO is to hell in a handbasket - not what I wish on or
>for anyone.

u & me both

>same here - I have to be realistic tho and realize I may be
>the only teacher - not just the one on the side - I think
>all parents have to realize this as a possibility - the
>government has shown what they think of kids, education,
>etc.

yeah... i think that this generation coming up is going to make or break this nation. either they're going to rise up themselves & demand better, or no one in this country's going to be able to live in peace.

god...u just sparked a thought. i wrote a story when i was a teenager (maybe a little younger) about a world where washington d.c. expands & becomes the only place where the rich can live. the rest of the nation is on some apocalyptic/mad max shit 'cause they just decided to let everyone else run rampant vs. fix the situations.

i think i have it saved somewhere, but i don't know if i want to find it now...sounds a little too close to where we're headed...

Nigger is a State
population too many
I'm finna move out
(c) thaanthology