Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectoh no...FUCK this.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7720&mesg_id=7728
7728, oh no...FUCK this.
Posted by LexM, Tue Jul-16-02 02:51 AM
>On another note - with the destruction of the school system
>playing out in slo-mo right now, buy stock in online
>educational companies/products. This will truly be the wave
>of the future. NY state is already looking at elimination
>of guaranteed education past 8th grade, so if you want a
>diploma, you may have to get it thru "distance learning"

you've got to be fuckin kidding me

this is ridiculous. something HAS to be done about the schools in this country. if the usual channels aren't working, then there needs to be a serious movement towards parents learning how to PARENT in addition to TEACHING their children outside the (increasingly) worthless time they're spending in a classroom.

this is the kind of thing i've been considering putting together. a school where children can get a decent education coupled with space for parents to learn and open their own minds as well. you can have the best school on the planet, but (especially) when they're young, parental involvement is KEY. sometimes the parents aren't involved because they feel intimidated by what the kids are learning, can't see the value in it, or just haven't had the exposure. that needs to be addressed.

i already know that if i have a child, s/he's gonna be sick of me teaching them stuff on the side (lol), but damned if they won't read/think/analyze critically.

the children of this country are in serious danger.

Nigger is a State
population too many
I'm finna move out
(c) thaanthology