Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWORDS CREATED WHITE PEOPLE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7519&mesg_id=7663
7663, WORDS CREATED WHITE PEOPLE
Posted by Mr Mech, Fri Jul-19-02 05:47 PM
I forgot where it was in the chain of posts, but PaulNice expressed not understanding how words could justify the white race. Whites, as often do blacks, define themselves against other races with the rational "I am not black, therefore I better understand what it means to be white". Without definitiosn of what it is to be black, whites have less understanding of what it means to be white. Actually, it means nothing to be white as it means nothing to be black since these are definitions that loosely define and separate groups but are still terms, none the less, that people tenaciously hold onto. We all, unfortunately, are forced to live by these concepts. While a plant can eb defined as a pplant because of a list of measurable classifications, an American black person cannot be readably defined by similar measurable classifications so, at it's root, it's silly to call anyone black.

Mech

PS - Yo, PaulNice, I'm feeling you on a black guy stealing your girl; a Jewlatto stole mine. That crigger is on 5'6, damn.