Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: your response...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7519&mesg_id=7556
7556, RE: your response...
Posted by mercilesssavage, Thu Jul-18-02 07:23 AM
See, I was agreeing with you until now, Paul. I believe blacks as well as anybody else has the capabilities to be racist. I think that this remains merely a possibility, a hypothesis, because I'm not sure how many people truly believe that whites are inferior. That is, there many, such as your man in here, that'll scream the rhetoric of inherent white inferiority, and even though there are certain documented manifestations of particular weaknesses on behalf of anglos (i.e., biologically--recessive genes, prone to diseases, etc.), I'm not sure how many of these actually believe the thought that whites are inferior. I happen to believe that much of the NOI movement and various other ideologies that espouse white evilness or inferiority are borne out of a feeling of over-compensation and bravado as opposed to analysis and deep-rooted belief. Therefore, I'd say that while we have the capabilities to be as racist as anybody, especially as people of color are empowered in different fashions worldwide, for the most part we cannot be racist because we are still overly concerned with the rhetorical parts of racism and not the actual systematic manifestations of it. In other words, we want to look militant, yet we really don't have the experience and expertise or even the mindstate being oppressors like white folks do. It's a skill, I imagine.