Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Karibu!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7330&mesg_id=7408
7408, RE: Karibu!
Posted by Trip, Tue Sep-24-02 07:23 AM
"Northern egyptains which are mostly city dwellers think upper egyptains who have the cloest phenoptype to the ancient kemetians are not really arabs. They don;t accept the fellahin because of their apperance and the fact they look african...andI am a fellahin living in cairo."

Well ya Fellah i am a fellah too, my father is a fellah and my mother from el seaeed(the south or upper egypt). I've lived a while in Cairo and must admit that i know nothing of the problem you're mentioning about the suffering of the fellahin.

Sure, maybe some smartass western-wannabe-richkids get a laugh off a fellah because of his clothing. I still wouldn't label it as a problem. It happens everywhere. I live in the ultra civilised continent they call Europe where this is a very normal thing. And i'm sure that the situation is the same in america between northerners and folks from the south.

I've just been reading alot of garbage posts in this topic and some good ones too. I've written some reports on africa (DR Congo, Somalia & Rwanda), there are many heartbreaking stories of human cruelty to be read, but it is evident to me that the stories of this fake sudanese "queen" are written for propaganda (CHECK THE WEBSITES for god sake and tell me that this is not propaganda). To avoid getting played do like some clever poster said earlier and read a UN or Amnesty report or something that to some extent is objective.

It is plain ignorance to define Islam/Arabs through some story you read. You want to know about Islam read the Koran or talk to an Imam. & you want to know about arabs go see and talk to them go to egypt or Iraq or wherever.

I don't define Christianity through the actions of Hitler or the Congolese, I don't define Judaism through the actions of Sharon and i don't define americans through the massacres on the Vietnamese women and children.

God damn it FREE YOUR MIND or simply USE IT!