Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectREALITY CHECK
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7330&mesg_id=7395
7395, REALITY CHECK
Posted by AFRICAN, Fri Sep-20-02 10:47 PM
It seems Kola Boof is in touch with you or she reads these boards.There are a couple of things i would like to clarify and have clarified.
1-by all streches of the imagination,having an egyptian father and a somalian mother does not make you a sudanese,either a black african or an arab one as you so scorningly call them.
2-For all means and purposes somalians identify with the ARABS,and arabic is taught in schools,as is well documented the somalian population is 100% muslim.
3-Kola boof's father -from her version-seems to have been involved in some form of political violence and was executed.While that was a tragic event,i doubt he was killed becuase his dreams of african purity-which appear a little misguided-but becuase of political involvement.Throughout sudan's brutal poltical history MANY people were executed,by various parties goverments and movements.Dr.Garang whom Kola recalls with fond childhood memories has executed numerous of his generals,and ordered the burning ,looting and pillage of villages in Goverment control,which the goverment promptly responded to with equal brutality.
4-I have not attempted throught any of of my understanding years to deny that northern sudanese have serious identity issues,However,this in no way implies that there is a consious ethnic cleansing process.The SPLA has many northern members and Dr.Mansour Khalid,whom is arguably one of the highest ranking civilian SPLA members is a northener.The vice president of the ARAB north is a southerner.
5-One of the posters mentioned that arab is not a race,at which many ignorant people jumped to his throat.The brother spoke truthfully ,arabic is a language just like not all -hell the vast majority-of english speakers are not caucasian.As a matter of fact arabs as in the sense of nomadic desrt dwellers,your stereo-typical SHEIK are actually semitic,and are cousins to those of jewish ancestory.
6-The similarity between brainwashed northeners and brain washed african americans is exactly on point,why then,are one simply critised and the other made out to be satans soldiers on earth?
7-People should take stories like Kolas with a grain of salt,while she may have genuine greivances her story is a little fantastic,God damn it,NEITHER OF HER PARENTS ARE SUDANESE!!!!!!!How can she claim the title of minority or anything else?
8-i am not an injured minority or majority,im just telling it like it is,i feel pissed off that someone would claim african queen then use colonial tactics of divide and conquer,to air greivances,if there actually any.
9-A REQUEST TO ALL ON THESE BOARDS DO YOUR OWN RESEASRCH ABOUT ISSUES BEFORE COMING TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT COMPLEX ISSUES.