Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectshe ALSO said:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7330&mesg_id=7392
7392, she ALSO said:
Posted by ya Setshego, Fri Sep-20-02 02:53 PM
From Kola:

A poster named African spoke about traditional fueds between the Bagghah and the Dinka and Nuer people. This legendary fued, ofcourse, has resulted in Sudan's Arab Muslim government....funding and arming these Western Sudanese with the power to round up and capture Dinka and Nuer for sale to rich Arab Muslim families in the North...slaves sell for about $14 each (in American dollars)...The United Nations has already documented and proven that Sudan's Arab Islamic government is the one funding these posses (sometimes called Murahleen--*the Murahleen killed both my parents when I was a child--I was present and heard them inform my Mahdi Pappuh that the government of Sudan had ordered him executed). The civil was in Sudan is completely based on race and religion.

Just last week, the Sudanese government continued carrying out air bombings on Black African villages in the south of Sudan. They continued bartering slaves and killing people at random...as an ethnic cleansing has been going on since the 1970's (which I was there to see with my own eyes). Slaves brought to the north are often beaten into submitting to ISLAM as opposed to their animist or Christian faith. They are taught that they are half-monkey, half-human. Frances Bok is an ex-slave living in America. You can write to him for confirmation of this at info@iabolish.com

As a small child...I went with my Madhi Pappuh to Dr. John Garang's home--this was the late 1970's. The SPLA was indeed formed at that point...the slavery and other evils of the Arabic North was already underway.

You made the claim that all Sudanese are basically....Black. And that the Northerners, because they are mixed with Nubian blood, etc. are also black people and that this makes it a black on black issue.

That is a lie. I am a Black half-Arab northerner from Omdurman. We NEVER considered ourselves related to the Charcoal Black Sudanese southerners. They are considered Africans....we were considered Arab.

In Sudan...the Arabs who look the lightest-skinned are held up as the measuring stick and national GOAL. It is much the same in America. I cannot tell you how many Nubian people straighten their hair and speak a certain way...trying to pass as "dark Arabs". It's a disgrace. The North is filled with dark brown people (who look like Kola Boof)...but they will not marry dark women for fear of continuing to look like Nuba people. Those with money travel to Turkey to marry white street hookers..they bring these women back to Sudan and set them up as "respectable ladies" and have children with them...attempting to create a lighter more Arabian-looking Arab. This is part of the great colorist racism against Sudan's southerners. They are charcoal Black pure Africans...so the Northerners (who cherish lightskin as much as they do Islam) are trying to ethnic cleanse them. The goal of Sudan's government is that Sudan will look like Egypt's upper class. Totally Arabian looking with hardly a trace of blackness.

My Arab-Egyptian father was basically the color of wheat with dark curly hair. He had been educated in France and knew, as an archeologist, that the true Egyptians were a black people descended from Somali's Punt tribes. HE WANTED BLACK SONS. So he went to Somalia and married the Blackest woman he could find, but also a woman whose blood was directly related to the original Egyptian race. This is why the woman had to be an Oromo nomad (and a Gisi-Waaq). So in this way, my father (who named himself Kolbookek to honor the original Egyptian language and not Arabic) was against his own creed. It hurt my father greatly that African men did not consider him African or "a black man".

In Sudan...we speak many forms of Arabic, English, French and assorted other Coptic and Hebrew languages. I write sometimes using Nubian and Hebrew sentences..I also use timas dialect Arabic. There are some 122-plus dialects of different languages in the Sudan.

Kola Boof

*Tebogo please post this for me, I thank you.