Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectActually I was going to mention
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7173&mesg_id=7299
7299, Actually I was going to mention
Posted by Solarus, Mon Sep-09-02 01:31 PM
this later. But my as well now. I always hear comments on how "beautiful" Panamanian women are but I suspected that was the result of the myriad of latin/black mixed women one can find there. CAts always like that "look." Unfortunately mix breeds are not my cup of tea :-).

I could say that I saw several beautiful women there but I won't. At this point in my life I have certain standards and they definitely were not met by any of the women there. Sure there was "potential" but most of them carry themselves is an ugly way. For instance, every (EVERY) dark-skinned sister down there (that I saw) was drowned in de-beautification techniques. A white ass face with pitch black skin because of the amass of facial makeup (and they weren't doing rituals where this would be acceptable ;-)) or the dreaded hair straightened abyss.

They did not know the meaning of natural beauty. On that same token the women that did have an inkling of natural beauty were generally the cholos and mixed black/spanish girls. If their features were close to the desired Panamanian standard then physical altercations were not necessarily needed.

On that same token, the brothers down there chase the Panamanian standard. To see a brother withOUT a Spanish girl is like WHOAH! Black girls are cast aside for their lighter-skinned and straighter-haired peers. Although I will say that the black girls picked up by the latin and white men frequently. Also EDUCATION and MONEY plays into the equation because as in the states, black women seem to be getting ahead with more professional jobs and better education than the black men. And of course, these better educated, higher-paid women generally don't hook up with lower-paid or lower-educated brothers.

My uncle along with a few other guys commented that black girls (even the poor ones with no education) want a guy with money so the black dudes have to seek companionship elsewhere. But I don't know about that. Sounds like a copout to me. From what I could tell EVERYBODY (all races and genders) was money hungry.

One more thing. At this point I will say that everything I just mentioned should only be applied to the Panama Province because in Colon where the percentage of blacks is much higher, the situation is prolly completely different.