Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Enough of her Bull
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7126&mesg_id=7169
7169, RE: Enough of her Bull
Posted by yuckwheat, Tue Oct-15-02 02:27 AM
>Is that MY fault? I am for fighting for MY people, not a
>people who think negatively of me simply because I
>have(waaaaaaaaay down the line) some other blood in me(
>half-breed is what she said HER people would call me)...

for such a champion of literacy, i find it curious that you would fail to comprehend the dymanic kola boof was referring to (and that it was NOT an insult) when she mentioned that a man who looks like mr. belafonte (ie: fair complexioned), though a "black" person in america, would NOT be seen as such in the middle eastern/north african world (and for that matter in latin america, south africa, etc.) BECAUSE the "whites" there are operating a different brand of white supremacy using different racial definitions due to differences in demographics and THEREFORE the experience of a person who looks like mr. belafonte in the middle east/north africa would be COMPLETELY different than it would be for a person of a significantly darker hue, especially an INDIGENIOUS black person instead of somebody from a WESTERN country. This is why she later gave the example of FRANCE, which had long been a "haven" for black americans like josephine baker and james baldwin while at the same time they were oppressing other blacks in french guiana, the ivory coast, senegal, etc.

>Kola Boof thinks she is better than any African AMerican
>simply because she was born in Africa and that is JUST LIKE
>thinking you are better SIMPLY because you are
>(latino,european,west indian,puerto rican, african
>american,etc.) Flashing boobs is the ways she tries to win
>support because she KNOWS her words handicap her.

no, she did NOT insinuate she was "better" than african-americans. as i clarified above, she EXPLAINED the difference between the "informal" color caste system operating in north africa and the "informal" colour caste system operating in the US. it is different, and that should be taken into consideration when people who LOOK LIKE mr. belafonte travel to these countries and talk glowingly of their dealings with wheaty complexioned arabs. their opinions should be taken with a LUMP of salt.

>
> because some muslims are incapable
>>of handling what she has to say,
>
>All she defends is herself... her people...her ideas....no
>matter how wrong and absurd they are. She actually feels
>comfortable calling herself an "authentic" african
>woman...yet she complains of the divisiveness of Arabs? She
>thinks that I am a "half-breed"? She is the one with the
>Arab father.....

she did NOT state that you are a half-breed, or that ALL african-americans are half-breeds, she stated that a mixed looking person from america would be seen as a "half-breed" and therefore NON-black in the arab world. yes, she has an arab father, she has not hid this NOR as she hid the fact that her arab father CHOSE to align himself with the indigenious blacks of north africa instead of the HOSTILE light skinned invaders and their numerous brainwashed "mixed" children. she also made the choice and will likely pay with her life....