Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectKola Boof answers your letters
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7126&mesg_id=7145
7145, Kola Boof answers your letters
Posted by , Wed Oct-09-02 05:24 PM
IS KOLA BOOF RACIST?
Deondre (Buffalo,N.Y.) wrote: "Dear Ms. Boof, why are you against biracial children? My three kids are by White women and they're beautiful."

KOLA: "I'm not against anyone's children, and I'm certainly not against interracial couples--particularly since I was with a White man for five years of my own life. But it seems to me that America is against MY BLACK children. The blacker they are--the more this society shuns, devalues and dehumanizes all authentic Black children, and in doing so, Africa and the Black race itself. I do not agree with those who claim and believe and teach their children that it's BETTER to be mixed race, that it makes you prettier and more human. Those are the racists. I don't consider Tiger Woods a hero and he's not the kind of son I would want to give birth to. I think he's against Black people in the way that silence equals consent. I would rather give birth to Denzel Washington and Lauryn Hill. The fact that the Black community in America celebrates the coupling of a Black man with any woman--as long as she's not Black with African hair, which is the coupling that creates authentic Black men in the first place, that my friend is what you should be complaining about--if you're so against racism."
Kola Boof--just who in the Fuck do you think you are!?
Audrey in Norfolk, Va. wrote: "...who are you to come over here from Africa and start telling us what to do!? You ain't no damn body! I'll wear my green eyes and my blond hair as much as I want. You need to take your crusty ass back to Africa!"

KOLA: "But you see, Audrey...I AM in Africa. And if you weren't the descendent of slaves then you'd know what I mean by that. Africa is inside me, I don't need to be there to be there. And you may pick your friends, Audrey, but not your family. Like it or not, you Black Americans came out of my ass..I didn't come out of yours. God sent me to America for a reason. I'm starting to understand that now. He sent me here to stand up for you."

Kozi in Oakland wrote: "Kola, I love what you're doing...but I heard that you're lesbian. I am also lesbian and wanted to know if that's true?"

KOLA: "No, Kozi, I am not homosexual. You're confusing me with my very best friend and sister, Alicia Banks. Or maybe you've heard about my participation in gay rights events, which I support because my favorite Aunt back in Sudan was a lesbian. But no, I'm heterosexual, Sister."

Keith in Detroit wrote: "Kola, I was sorry to hear about the shooting attempt made on your life, but I laughed when I read that you actually pulled out a semi-automatic weapon and shot back at your attackers."

KOLA: "That's not true. I don't have a semi-automatic weapon and I wouldn't know how to use one. I shot at them with a pistol. I shot out their two back tires, but as you know, they still got away."