Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectFatwa on Kola Boof
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7126
7126, Fatwa on Kola Boof
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 01:57 AM
On Sept. 26th fatwa was issued on author Kola Boof. Here is the OFFICIAL DEATH WARRANT and the details of issue:

Kola Boof has been found guilty of: "Blasphemy and Treason"

Codicile: "...guilty of deliberately and maliciously bearing false witness against religious sentiment and of willing treason against her Arab Muslim father's people and against her nation, the Sudan."

Ms. Boof is to be beheaded. She is issued "fatwa". She was nominated for fatwa by diplomat of the Sudanese government Gamal Ibrahaim. The matter was ratified by the following: Hassan Turabi (National Islamic Front), Ali Muhammad Taha (NIF), Sharif al-Tuhami (NIF)..Tanzim Wasti (London's Sudan Committee), Saad Faqih and PALESTINIAN government official..Mohammed Sobieh.

The order was chanted in the streets of London by the Sharia Court of the U.K.....not only did members say that Boof is to be "beheaded", but they also said that she will be gang-raped prior to death, although they now deny this. They also chanted that Kola Boof is "Abeed suhta" (nigger bitch whore).

On Sept. 26th 2002...Deng Ajak (SPLA in London) received notification of the fatwa against Koof Boof by telephone from the secretary of Tanzim Wasti (head of London Sudan Committee) and secretary of diplomat Gamal Ibrahaim (who blasted Kola Boof in an article for London's largest Arab newspaper just one week before).

These threats were also sent to Riek Machar--the 2nd in Command (only to Dr. John Garang) of the Sudanese People's Liberation Army (of which Kola Boof is a member). That same evening, The Sharia Court of the U.K. distributed leaflets in London anouncing Boof's fatwa and emails were sent to various people around the world, heralding the author's execution.

Fatwa is also pending on:

Women's author Taslima Nasreen (Nasrin) of Bangledesh

Salman Rushdie (writer/London) *His fatwa was supposedly lifted, but British government reports that he continues to be hunted. They have him on 24 hour security.

Terrence McNally, an American writer who wrote a play about Jesus Christ being homosexual.

It is believed that the only reason these 3 most famous cases are still alive...is because of the media coverage that makes it embarrassing to Arab Muslim societies to carry out the killings. However, fundamentalists often make strikes against these people and continue to vow that these people will be eventually killed. Taslima Nasrin has said that she believes the will be murdered.

7127, source? n/m
Posted by zewari, Wed Oct-09-02 04:55 AM
_¸»¬æ¤º²°¯¯°²º¤æ¬«¸_SIG_¸»¬æ¤º²°¯¯°²º¤æ¬«¸_
YOU EAT ALONE.... YOU DIE ALONE!

"Don't be deceived when they tell you things are better now. Even if there's no poverty to be seen because the poverty's been hidden. Even if you ever got more wages and could afford to buy more of these new and useless goods which industries foist on you and even if it seems to you that you never had so much, that is only the slogan of those who still have much more than you. Don't be taken in when they paternally pat you on the shoulder and say that there's no inequality worth speaking of and no more reason to fight because if you believe them they will be completely in charge in their marble homes and granite banks from which they rob the people of the world under the pretence of bringing them culture. Watch out, for as soon as it pleases them they'll send you out to protect their gold in wars whose weapons, rapidly developed by servile scientists, will become more and more deadly until they can with a flick of the finger tear a million of you to pieces."
--Jean Paul Marat, 18th Century French Visionary (and revolutionary), murdered in his bathtub by Royalist Charlotte Corday

7128, RE: source:
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 06:36 AM
"Yi Nee Ling" <staff@northafrican-bookexchange.com>
Ms. Boof's publicist.
7129, look here also for further info:
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 06:42 AM
Publicity note:

Kola Boof has returned safely to the United States. We've decided to go on and post Adam Gill's brand new interview with Kola Boof--the most powerfully revealing interview Kola's ever done. This is new, you haven't read it. From the terrorist death threats..to LOVING the Black Man..to Halle Berry's Oscar and the controversy over African homosexuals, Kola Boof breaks it down. It was done August 15th, but just as our publicity department was about to release this interview...Kola was attacked outside Los Angeles by gunmen (the full story of that can now be searched online--we thank the evening newscasts in Israel, Nigeria and South Africa for reporting it)...so we never did release this interview until now. It's another eyeopener for sure. Just when you thought you knew all about Kola...there's more than you could have ever imagined. Click the link for Adam Gill's interview.

http://womens-studies.i8.com/

7130, but does it matter?
Posted by Allah, Wed Oct-09-02 06:25 AM
it's not like they can carry them out "legally".
it's just a bunch of religious bullshit.
7131, It won't be bullshit
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 06:36 AM
if she ends up dead.
7132, So true Allah
Posted by PaulNice, Wed Oct-09-02 05:37 PM
>it's not like they can carry them out "legally".
>it's just a bunch of religious bullshit.

What a primitive bunch of bullshit. Is it just fundamentalist nutjobs who follow this primitive and barbaric brand of Islam?
7133, RE: Fatwa on Kola Boof
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 06:25 AM
On Sept. 26th fatwa was issued on author Kola Boof. Here is the official death warrant and the details of issue:

Kola Boof has been found guilty of: "Blasphemy and Treason"

Codicile: "...guilty of deliberately and maliciously bearing false witness against religious sentiment and of willing treason against her Arab Muslim father's people and against her nation, the Sudan."

Ms. Boof is to be beheaded. She is issued "fatwa." She was nominated for fatwa by diplomat of the Sudanese government Gamal Ibrahaim. The matter was ratified by the following: Hassan Turabi (National Islamic Front), Ali Muhammad Taha (NIF), Sharif al-Tuhami (NIF)..Tanzim Wasti (London's Sudan Committee), Saad Faqih and Palestinian government official..Mohammed Sobieh.

The order was chanted in the streets of London by the Sharia Court of the U.K.....not only did members say that Boof is to be "beheaded," but they also said that she will be gang-raped prior to death, although they now deny this.

On Sept. 26th 2002...Deng Ajak (SPLA in London) received notification of the fatwa against Koof Boof by telephone from the secretary of Tanzim Wasti (head of London Sudan Committee) and secretary of diplomat Gamal Ibrahaim (who blasted Kola Boof in an article for London's largest Arab newspaper just one week before).

These threats were also sent to Riek Machar--the 2nd in Command (only to Dr. John Garang) of the Sudanese People's Liberation Army (of which Kola Boof is a member). That same evening, The Sharia Court of the U.K. distributed leaflets in London announcing Boof's fatwa and emails were sent to various people around the world, heralding the author's execution.

Fatwa is also pending on:

Women's author Taslima Nasreen (Nasrin) of Bangladesh

Salman Rushdie (writer/London) *His fatwa was supposedly lifted, but British government reports that he continues to be hunted. They have him on 24 hour security.

It is believed that the only reason these famous targets of fatwa are still alive is because of the media coverage that makes it embarrassing to certain Arab (extremist) Muslim societies to carry out the killings. However, fundamentalists often make strikes against these people and continue to vow that these people will be eventually killed.

A fatwa is a legal decision issued by an Islamic scholar.
7134, you posted it again????
Posted by Allah, Wed Oct-09-02 06:26 AM
7135, Yep,
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 06:37 AM
I guess I did. Sue me.
7136, what country do you live in
Posted by Allah, Wed Oct-09-02 08:17 AM
I think if you really cared you could do more
7137, RE: what country do you live in
Posted by Saracen, Wed Oct-09-02 08:35 AM
It's so weak that so many of our Muslim sisters are harmed byt this rabid form of Arab sexism and woman hating that is so dominant in those lands. WE (the ummah) ask Allah to merciful in juding us, while we murder rape and kill in his Most Holy and Righteous name. I encourage all my human family, Muslim and non-Muslim alike to not let this go unchallanged. May allah bless her in all that she does, and bless all those who try to help her.

-Saracen

"There is nothing noble about being superior to your fellow man. True nobility comes from being superior to your old self." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
7138, first off
Posted by paragon216, Wed Oct-09-02 08:46 AM
who the hell is she? secondly how can a muslim or anyone come to such a conclusion from someone's online anecdote....i need facts and, views, opinions and the other three sides before i weigh in..for all i know she's some baby raper...and i seriously doubt turabi said the things ascribed to him
7139, I TOLD you:
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 11:25 AM
check HERE-Just when you thought you knew all about Kola...there's more than you could have ever imagined. Click the link for Adam Gill's interview.

http://womens-studies.i8.com

7140, It says site disabled
Posted by Allah, Wed Oct-09-02 01:09 PM
it must be a conspiracy
c.o.n. spiracy

Peace.
7141, Yeah, I saw that after I posted the second msg.
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 01:47 PM
I spoke earlier with the embassy and they told me explicitly that they could not issue a fatwa, only a religious council. They didn't believe the fatwa to be official because they claim the varying ratifiers are not part of any religious body.

I had trouble reaching the embassy in London for verification.

I would like to hear from those whose names are on the fatwa if they are responsible for its issuance or not. They must either accept or reject; confirm or deny.

Anyway, I'm still working on a formal written response on the issue.

Mwariama Kamau,
2nd Vice President/
Technology Officer of
Div. #330 UNIA-ACL
7142, RE: what country do you live in
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Oct-09-02 11:23 AM
Does the answer to that determine whether or not you are going to sue me?
7143, ?
Posted by THE TROLL UNDER THE BRIDGE, Wed Oct-09-02 04:33 PM
first of all, a fatwa must be issues by people with ijazah...second of all, thats not a fatwa...

think of a fatwa as islams way to answer "modern" questions that we may incounter....ill give you a silly one "can muslims drive cars?"..the answer is yes (and women can drive cars too, the i wouldnt put too much credit on "national fatwas" by people who support an illegal government (a king, islam has no kings...muslims can have presidents 2 kings, a sultan, and 3 dictators, but its all against islam)...now as far as trying to demonize people by saying "fatwa" and "jihad". and all the other catch phrases of fear that happens to seperate the human population into camps of hate vs ignorance, why dont you tell them that issuing an order to kill someone isnt a fatwa......no it isnt.

next on the list is this...i kick a hill of ants and i get bitten, i hope i dont complain about the darn ants....you cant expect anyone to agree with that..all nations on this known planet have some form of censorship in order to preserve that thing civilization is built on, o.r.d.e.r....ill give you an example (dont read this if you get bored easily)...kennedy, lincoln, che, mandella, mary queen of scotts, marie antoinette, the prophet muhammad (saw), jesus (as), and alot of other people you can probably think of all got in trouble for their mouth...weather RIGHT OR WRONG, you or anyone else cannot predict the reaction of the "powers that be' towards a persons actions or statements..in fact, you may want to kill me after reading this, and thats the risk i take....think about that one before you go on...

lastly should kola boof die for her words, i would say no...i doubt the sudanese govt has kola boof on their minds when they have their cabinet meetings...i doubt they stay up all night in panic about her flashing her breasts in the name of "freedom", "liberty", and worse of all "africa" (as if all africa is about is flashing breasts)...she is her own publicist, and she is doing a good job at rallying people to her call, but i doubt those people have any say-so in destroying sudan...sudan has america and worse of all itself to worry about...kola boof has managed to get some people riled up (like yet, and..............well, thats about it)..and she is smart to say the least...she uses her breasts (which i am sure if they were smaller, there wpuld be less attention to her cause, if they would be used at all)..the same thing they use to sell tires, soda, corn chips, and insurance in the states....so, sell her ideas by using her breasts......smart (stupid act, but smart idea, ididnt say right or wrong, a-bombs are smart idea, but wrong)...so in conclusion, this is another kola boof pitch, buy those books on your way out people!!!!, hey that look at her breasts wasnt free now.......think about it.

7144, Thank you very much!
Posted by DeRayeMustafa, Wed Oct-09-02 04:49 PM
I was just getting ready to say that!

Jazakallah khair!
---------------------------(*)---------------------------
And that's just being real!

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that. I'm right and will be proved right. We're more popular that Jesus now; I don't know which will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were think and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me.
- John Lennon, 1966 (This quote sparked quite a large controversy, as many of you might know)

Randy Moss quote: "Look woman! What I just tell you?! I'm not going through all that!"
7145, Kola Boof answers your letters
Posted by , Wed Oct-09-02 05:24 PM
IS KOLA BOOF RACIST?
Deondre (Buffalo,N.Y.) wrote: "Dear Ms. Boof, why are you against biracial children? My three kids are by White women and they're beautiful."

KOLA: "I'm not against anyone's children, and I'm certainly not against interracial couples--particularly since I was with a White man for five years of my own life. But it seems to me that America is against MY BLACK children. The blacker they are--the more this society shuns, devalues and dehumanizes all authentic Black children, and in doing so, Africa and the Black race itself. I do not agree with those who claim and believe and teach their children that it's BETTER to be mixed race, that it makes you prettier and more human. Those are the racists. I don't consider Tiger Woods a hero and he's not the kind of son I would want to give birth to. I think he's against Black people in the way that silence equals consent. I would rather give birth to Denzel Washington and Lauryn Hill. The fact that the Black community in America celebrates the coupling of a Black man with any woman--as long as she's not Black with African hair, which is the coupling that creates authentic Black men in the first place, that my friend is what you should be complaining about--if you're so against racism."
Kola Boof--just who in the Fuck do you think you are!?
Audrey in Norfolk, Va. wrote: "...who are you to come over here from Africa and start telling us what to do!? You ain't no damn body! I'll wear my green eyes and my blond hair as much as I want. You need to take your crusty ass back to Africa!"

KOLA: "But you see, Audrey...I AM in Africa. And if you weren't the descendent of slaves then you'd know what I mean by that. Africa is inside me, I don't need to be there to be there. And you may pick your friends, Audrey, but not your family. Like it or not, you Black Americans came out of my ass..I didn't come out of yours. God sent me to America for a reason. I'm starting to understand that now. He sent me here to stand up for you."

Kozi in Oakland wrote: "Kola, I love what you're doing...but I heard that you're lesbian. I am also lesbian and wanted to know if that's true?"

KOLA: "No, Kozi, I am not homosexual. You're confusing me with my very best friend and sister, Alicia Banks. Or maybe you've heard about my participation in gay rights events, which I support because my favorite Aunt back in Sudan was a lesbian. But no, I'm heterosexual, Sister."

Keith in Detroit wrote: "Kola, I was sorry to hear about the shooting attempt made on your life, but I laughed when I read that you actually pulled out a semi-automatic weapon and shot back at your attackers."

KOLA: "That's not true. I don't have a semi-automatic weapon and I wouldn't know how to use one. I shot at them with a pistol. I shot out their two back tires, but as you know, they still got away."

7146, Yeah, Seriously
Posted by okayhomo, Wed Oct-09-02 06:25 PM
Kola Boof is a very important voice in these times, and she *needs* allies right now. . .i was forwarded this a while back. . .to be honest i don't know how much of a difference a letter will make to the Sudanese NIF, but i think it's worth the time. . .

Press Anouncement by Solomon Amadou

Sept. 26, 2002

Dear Friends,

Sudan's Arab Muslim government has declared fatwa on Kola Boof today following a very vicious article written by a Sudanese government official (diplomat Gamal Ibrahim) in London's largest Arabic daily newspaper.

fatwa basically means that the government will handsomely reward the person or group that KILLS Kola Boof for the crime of "blasphemy" against Islam.

There is something small but effective that you can do to stop her assassination, however. You can write a letter or an email (both addresses below) directly to Boof's killers--the National Islamic Front c/o Peter Gordon in London, UK.

As these letters or emails pour in by the dozens, Sudan's NIF will realize that killing Kola Boof will only give the Arab Muslim government of Sudan more negative publicity. There is chronic slavery in Sudan and continuing "ethnic cleansing" (2 million Nile River Southerners have been eliminated so far). You must understand that many dark brown people in Sudan (the color of Kola Boof) do not consider themselves African, they claim to be "Arab" (many Nubians straighten their hair and convert to Islam just to stay alive!).

Please take time out to write a short note expressing your displeasure...your protest...against the assassination of Kola Boof by writing either a letter or email to:

NIF (National Islamic Front) c/o Peter Gordon

Al Sharq Al awsat

184 High Holborn

London WC V1 7AP

United Kingdom

or send an email (which is quicker!) to:

alrashed@asharqalawsat.com

Kola Boof's official website: http://www.kolaboof.com/

Thank you sincerely, Solomon Amadou

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PEEP GAME:
http://www.reddirt.biz
http://sugartruck.tripod.com

"there is no such thing as a single issue. We don't lead single issue lives."-Audre Lorde

"why is the world always easier to fix/ than our own homes?"
-essex hemphill

Re-member: James, Lorainne, Essex, Audre, Joe, June, Marlon, Assotto. . .

"a good man is hard to find, but a hard man is good to find"
-some hotboy on def poetry jam, totally oblivious of the homoerotic undertones. . .or wuz he?????
7147, Well,
Posted by ya Setshego, Thu Oct-10-02 02:10 AM
This kills the earlier poster's claim that I am the ONLY one "riled up" about Kola Boof's claims. The post generally made no sense, and was very difficult to decipher in terms of the poor grammatical content anyway. Maybe he/she was in a rush when posting, and was not able to clearly present his/her case as cogently as preferred. BUT, he/she was just proven wrong on ONE point w/ this post here. His/her other claims are suspect, but I'll leave it to each one to decide what is true from one's own research on the matter.

>>Kola Boof is a very important voice in these times, and she
>*needs* allies right now. . .i was forwarded this a while
>back. . .to be honest i don't know how much of a difference
>a letter will make to the Sudanese NIF, but i think it's
>worth the time. . .
>
>Press Anouncement by Solomon Amadou
>
>Sept. 26, 2002
>
>
>
>Dear Friends,
>
>Sudan's Arab Muslim government has declared fatwa on Kola
>Boof today following a very vicious article written by a
>Sudanese government official (diplomat Gamal Ibrahim) in
>London's largest Arabic daily newspaper.
>
>fatwa basically means that the government will handsomely
>reward the person or group that KILLS Kola Boof for the
>crime of "blasphemy" against Islam.
>
>There is something small but effective that you can do to
>stop her assassination, however. You can write a letter or
>an email (both addresses below) directly to Boof's
>killers--the National Islamic Front c/o Peter Gordon in
>London, UK.
>
>As these letters or emails pour in by the dozens, Sudan's
>NIF will realize that killing Kola Boof will only give the
>Arab Muslim government of Sudan more negative publicity.
>There is chronic slavery in Sudan and continuing "ethnic
>cleansing" (2 million Nile River Southerners have been
>eliminated so far). You must understand that many dark
>brown people in Sudan (the color of Kola Boof) do not
>consider themselves African, they claim to be "Arab" (many
>Nubians straighten their hair and convert to Islam just to
>stay alive!).
>
>Please take time out to write a short note expressing your
>displeasure...your protest...against the assassination of
>Kola Boof by writing either a letter or email to:
>
>NIF (National Islamic Front) c/o Peter Gordon
>
>Al Sharq Al awsat
>
>184 High Holborn
>
>London WC V1 7AP
>
>United Kingdom
>
>
>
>or send an email (which is quicker!) to:
>
>alrashed@asharqalawsat.com
>
>
>
>Kola Boof's official website: http://www.kolaboof.com/
>
>
>
>Thank you sincerely, Solomon Amadou
>
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>PEEP GAME:
>http://www.reddirt.biz
>http://sugartruck.tripod.com
>
>"there is no such thing as a single issue. We don't lead
>single issue lives."-Audre Lorde
>
>"why is the world always easier to fix/ than our own homes?"
>-essex hemphill
>
>Re-member: James, Lorainne, Essex, Audre, Joe, June, Marlon,
>Assotto. . .
>
>"a good man is hard to find, but a hard man is good to find"
> -some hotboy on def poetry jam, totally oblivious of
>the homoerotic undertones. . .or wuz he?????

7148, WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Posted by THE TROLL UNDER THE BRIDGE, Thu Oct-10-02 02:35 PM
dont be a fool..this is a message board...not a M.I.T. thesis...i write how i want when i want, if you want you can fight me here on this message board....and ill take you out dog...vwourd aap.

all that to say "monkey logic"..you dont like what i said so you begin the personal attack...ie, you cant defeat the words so you attack the man...if all you can read is "proper english"...then dont read anything i have to say, i promise i wont cry...promise

you use antagonistic statements like "poor grammer vlazeh vlah" like you cant read...not my problem if you cant get the point of someone who doesnt feel like going through the motions of giving you a hooked on phonics edit/webster.com/google post to make you feel like i am smarter than i am...like some unmentionable people do (SHENGO SHENGO SHENGO)...meanwhile where most people dont care i think you get the sentiment of the entire thread YOU created...people come in here and tear kola boofs silly arguements to pieces...i understand if you are hurt kola, oops ya shengo (cant tell the difference between your style and pattern of speech...its interesting to say the least..either you are her, or you want to be or be with her, you decide)....

ill sum up my post all this time for you (funny others understand it but i like to help the sp-ed's anyway)...

{SUM}
"KOLA BOOF SUCKS AND IS LYING"

{/SUM}

10 print "kola boof sucks"
20 goto 10

hope that was easy enough, and of course i am sorry for being a troll, but you read the name and was warned....back to the bridge...

(edit)
ps. hope that was easy
(end edit)

lsmod /usr/kola*

output: sucks

{local@localhost}#
7149, Done.
Posted by ya Setshego, Fri Oct-11-02 01:43 AM
Fair enough. I'll read no further then.

>>if all you can read is "proper
>english"...then dont read anything i have to say, i promise
>i wont cry...promise

7150, Oh ohoh
Posted by Humzaki, Fri Oct-11-02 03:36 AM
lol
nice script.

Salaam
H
7151, how much would someone, not I, be paid if
Posted by , Fri Oct-11-02 09:08 AM
i, oops someone wacked her ?
7152, talk about pretentious:
Posted by AZ, Thu Oct-10-02 06:33 AM
>KOLA: "But you see, Audrey...I AM in Africa. And if you
>weren't the descendent of slaves then you'd know what I mean
>by that. Africa is inside me, I don't need to be there to be
>there. And you may pick your friends, Audrey, but not your
>family. Like it or not, you Black Americans came out of my
>ass..I didn't come out of yours. God sent me to America for
>a reason. I'm starting to understand that now. He sent me
>here to stand up for you."

7153, Again and again and again and again and again and again
Posted by AFRICAN, Wed Oct-09-02 10:39 PM
Amazing. Either you are seriously misinformed or you choose to ignore the truth.
I AM IN SUDAN AS WE SPEAK.THERE HAS BEEN NO FATWA OR ANYTHING ABOUT KOLA BOOF FOR THE LAST 4 -5 MONTHS-i know you hate the caps but maybe my cyberyelling will induce you to read and try to understand.-the last time she was in the newspapers,there was an article about her,and refernces to african american women who called her crazy,no fatwa nothing.
KOla boof is half egyptian and half somalian,how she is any shade or type of sudanese beats the hell outta me.
Were are THE FUCKING SLAVES?i ain't see them,and i've been around this country-north, south,east and west-.
yeah,how can her favourite aunt be sudanese-lesbian or not- if KOLA ain't sudanese her self?
I mentioned this efore but you ain't hearing me,top level spla officials have denied slavery and exposed it as a sham to raise funds for war,but of course thta's propaganda,it was reported by the ny times and other agencies very anti-islam and sudan,so im thinking there bias would be swinging in the other direction.
lASTLY,isn't it funny that this proud black womanwho denounces whites there schemes and ther plots,be behind an organisation that is 100% funded by western goverments and christian agencies?
look beneath the surface,and try reading something other than her godamn press releases.
dayum.
7154, Oh, it's you again,
Posted by ya Setshego, Thu Oct-10-02 02:13 AM
thanks for killing the caps. now. tell us more about this spla. I am definitely open to reading what you have to offer about the matter, since you claim to live in sudan, and have witnessed the contrary of what Kola Boof has stated.
7155, Yes it is.
Posted by AFRICAN, Thu Oct-10-02 03:50 AM
this is a bit long but interesting i don't know how to do the paste a link thing but this is available on sudan.net,go to latest news, then press releases and commentaries,theres a whole bunch of articles some from the spla-sudanese-people liberation- army and other sources.You do the knowledge.
HAS CANADIAN CHURCH MONEY BOUGHT WIVES AND WEAPONS AND FUELLED WAR IN SUDAN?: THE REV CAL BOMBAY, CROSSROADS, FRAUD AND NAIVETY

The European-Sudanese Public Affairs Council
Date of Publication: 3 April 2002

It has become increasingly clear that Canadian church money may well
have been used to purchase weapons and ammunition for combatants in
Sudan. In so doing, these monies may have artificially prolonged the
tragic civil war in that country - as well as enabling Sudanese
combatants to acquire and support dozens of wives within polygamous
marriages as the result of fraudulent "slave redemption" scams in which
alleged "slaves" were said to have been "bought" back from "slave
traders". Tens of thousands of dollars of this money may have come from
groups such as Canada's Crossroads Christian Ministries at the behest of
people such as Reverend Cal Bombay, the organisation's Vice-President of
Ministry and Missions - someone closely identified with such
"redemptions".

These are the clear implications outlined in articles which have
appeared in newspapers of record in the United States and Europe. In
February 2002, in an unprecedented international focus, 'The Irish
Times', London's 'Independent on Sunday', 'The Washington Post' and
'International Herald Tribune', chose to publish, or republish, articles
exposing the deep fraud and corruption at the heart of claims of "slave
redemption" in Sudan. (1) These articles are the culmination of long-
standing concerns about the activities of several organisations involved
in what has become a Western-financed "redemption" industry in parts of
Sudan. The claims by organisations and people such as John Eibner and
the Swiss-based Christian Solidarity International (CSI), Baroness Cox's
Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) and Reverend Cal Bombay's
Crossroads Christian Ministries, themselves, to have "redeemed" tens of
thousands of Sudanese "slaves" have been sharply called into question.
'The Washington Post' reported that in numerous documented instances
"the slaves weren't slaves at all, but people gathered locally and
instructed to pretend they were returning from bondage". (2) 'The
Independent on Sunday' reported that it was able to "reveal that
'redemption' has often been a carefully orchestrated fraud". (3)

'The Irish Times' reported that: "According to aid workers,
missionaries, and even the rebel movement that facilitates it, slave
redemption in Sudan is often an elaborate scam." 'The Irish Times'
article also stated that in many cases "the process is nothing more than
a careful deceit, stage-managed by corrupt officials".

"In reality, many of the 'slaves' are fakes. Rebel officials round up
local villagers to pose for the cameras. They recruit fake slavers - a
light skinned soldier, or a passing trader, to 'sell' them. The children
are coached in stories of abduction and abuse for when the redeemer, or
a journalist, asks questions. Interpreters may be instructed to twist
their answers. The money, however, is very real. CSI can spend more than
$300,000 during a week of redemptions at various bush locations. After
their plane takes off, the profits are divvied up - a small cut to the
'slaves' and the 'trader' but the lion's share to local administrators
and SPLA figures."

In an open letter in 2000 senior SPLA commander Aleu Ayieny Aleu stated
that "slave redemption" had become a "racket of mafia dimensions". He
also revealed, as an example, that one of his lighter-skinned relatives,
SPLA captain Akec Tong Aleu, had been "forced several times to pretend
as an Arab and simulate the sale of free children to CSI on camera". (4)
Aleu declared: "It was a hoax. This thing has been going on for no less
than six years". (5) This account, 'The Washington Post' stated,
"coincides with descriptions of the scam offered by Sudanese officials
and Western aid workers, who said the sheer volume of money flowing into
the south made corruption inevitable." (6) The newspaper also reported
that "prevalent fraud is acknowledged by senior rebel officials". The
newspaper stated: "By many accounts, individual rebel commanders are
deeply involved in redemption scams". 'The Irish Times' observed that
one SPLA commander has earned enough from the scam to acquire forty
wives. (7) Other SPLA figures were said to have built houses or financed
businesses with their cuts. (8)

'The Irish Times' further made clear that:

"he warning signs have been there for years. Within the SPLA,
whispers of suspicion have swelled into a chorus of criticism in recent
years. Acrimonious rows have broken out and accusations profiteering
levelled at individuals. Outside the rebel ranks, aid workers have been
puzzled. It seems almost incredible that tens of thousands of abducted
civilians could cross a dangerous frontline undetected by government
forces. Moreover, aid workers north of the line saw no evidence of large
movements south, and their colleagues in the south saw no sudden demand
for extra food or medicines by redeemed salves. Put simply, the numbers
didn't add up. And yet no questions were asked. The dollars rolled in
and the redemptions continued."

Senior SPLA official Dr Justin Yaac has also admitted that the SPLA has
been able to purchase thousands of gallons of fuel, 27 Land Cruisers and
ten thousand uniforms with some of their proceeds from "slave
redemption" frauds. (9) The Canadian government-commissioned report,
'Human Security in Sudan: The Report of a Canadian Assessment Mission',
prepared by special envoy John Harker, was published in January 2000.
While Harker was critical of many human rights abuses in Sudan, he
clearly questioned the credibility of large-scale "slave redemptions" as
claimed by groups such as CSI, and also detailed how fraudulent "slave
redemptions" were being used to purchase arms and ammunition: "Several
informants reported various scenarios involving staged redemptions. In
some cases, SPLM officials are allegedly involved in arranging these
exchanges, dressing up as Arab slave traders, with profits being used to
support the SPLM/A, buy weapons and ammunition..." (10) It is worth
noting that all this would have supported the activities of an
organisation described by 'The Economist' as "little more than an armed
gang of Dinkas...killing, looting and raping. Its indifference, almost
animosity, towards the people it was supposed to be "liberating" was all
too clear. (11) 'The New York Times' has also gone on record to observe
that the SPLA: "ave behaved like an occupying army, killing, raping
and pillaging" and was led by one of Sudan's "pre-eminent war criminals"
(12).

The Reverend Cal Bombay has been very closely identified with "slave
redemption" exercises in Sudan. He has personally handed over vast
amounts of cash to the SPLA. (13) 'The Calgary Sun', for example,
published an eight-part special report which claimed to document large-
scale "redemption" by Bombay of southern Sudanese "slaves". (14) The
articles spoke of purchasing these "slaves" from "Arab slave traders".
(15) The trip was arranged by Christian Solidarity International. It is
a matter of record that the "slave redemption" exercise described saw
US$ 20,750 handed over to SPLA officials. (16) The bulk of this payment
came from the Canadian Crossroads Christian Ministries. The Crossroads
Family of Ministries has been involved in several such exercises. It
claims to have "redeemed" several thousand "slaves". (17) Bombay was
involved in most if not all of these exercises. The Crossroads Ministry
also states that "each trip into Sudan has been with the authority of
the Sudan People's Liberation Movement, and in the company of an SPLM
representative".

It is obvious that Rev Bombay has ignored the clear "warning signs"
referred to by 'The Irish Times'. He has personally been made directly
aware of the controversy surrounding "slave redemption". In early 2000
the veteran southern Sudanese politician Bona Malwal personally alerted
him to irregularities when he sent Bombay a copy of his February 2000
letter to Baroness Cox which challenged claims made by Bombay's close
associate Baroness Cox of Christian Solidarity Worldwide to have
"redeemed slaves" in Sudan. In this letter to Baroness Cox Malwal stated
that:

"On at least three different occasions, you have come into Twic County
without the permission of the local leadership, using Messrs Stephen
Wondu and Martin Okeruk as your license to do so. You
then say each time that your mission was to redeem slaves and that
indeed you have done so, when in each instance this had not been the
case. The latest episode was in October when you landed at Mayen
Abun without even the courtesy of informing the local area
representative....I know that you have put out for propaganda, and maybe
for fundraising purposes as well, that you redeemed slaves at Mayen Abun
in October when nothing of the sort happened. I sincerely hope that this
type of game stops...I sincerely hope that you do see the harm that
could be caused and that you will refrain from this activity in the
future." (18)

Malwal's standing within the southern Sudanese community is
unassailable. He is a man described by Baroness Cox herself as "one of
the well-respected elders of the Dinka tribe". (19) He is a noted
opponent of the Sudanese government, and the publisher of the anti-
Khartoum 'Sudan Democratic Gazette'. Malwal went into exile when the
present government in Sudan came to power a decade ago and teaches
international affairs at Oxford University. In this letter Malwal also
informed Cox that "ecause of the seriousness of this situation, I am
sending a copy of this letter to Rev. Carl Bombay, who I
understand went to Mayen Abun with you..." Despite this clear warning
Bombay continued with his activities.

'The Irish Times' reported, for example, that in late 2001 the
Crossroads Christian Ministries once again sought to "redeem slaves".
SPLA spokesman Dr Samson Kwaje sent them home: "I told them to go back
to the kids who donated the money and tell them they should give in to
one of the aid agencies." Bombay, and the Crossroads Christian
Ministries have shown almost unbelievable irresponsibility. Canadian
church monies, raised from sincere men, women and children of faith,
have in all likelihood not just been squandered in squalid fraud but
very possibly used to provide men of violence with arms and ammunition
and allowing others to polygamously acquire dozens of wives. The most
benign analysis of Bombay's behaviour is that he clearly blundered into
a situation which was either far too complicated for him to fully
comprehend or which he chose to ignore in order to project clearly
questionable, anti-Islamic propaganda.

There are several questions that Bombay and Crossroads Christian
Ministries must answer in connection with their involvement in Sudan.

* Can Bombay guarantee that Crossroads was not party to fraudulent
"slave redemptions"?

*Can he guarantee that Crossroad monies were not used to buy weapons for
gunmen in Sudan?

* Can he guarantee that Crossroad monies were not used to facilitate
polygamous mariiages in Sudan?

* Why did he not pay heed to the warnings of Bona Malwal that the
exercises he was party to with Baroness Cox may have been fraudulent?

* Did Bombay not read the warnings about "slave redemption" outlined in
his government's own Harker Report?

* Why did he ignore the explicit warnings of UNICEF, Anti-Slavery
International and others on the subject?

* Does Bombay not accept that he has acted with grotesque
irresponsibility?

Given Rev Bombay's track record, judgement and reliability with regard
to Sudan, any further comments or observations he may make about the
situation in that country should be treated with considerable caution.
His inability or unwillingness to differentiate between fact and fiction
on Sudan is abundantly clear.

For those Canadian Christians, and especially those who may have
contributed to Crossroads Ministries, who wish to obtain some of the
answers to the above questions, we suggest that they address their
enquiries to Rev Cal Bombay, Vice-President Missions, Crossroads
Christian Communications; Telephone 905 332 6400 ext 3206; Fax 905 332

7156, huh?
Posted by thrill_factor, Wed Oct-09-02 11:38 PM

>It is believed that the only reason these 3 most famous
>cases are still alive...is because of the media coverage
>that makes it embarrassing to Arab Muslim societies to carry
>out the killings.

huh? neither taslima nor rushdie got their fatwas from Arab societies.

and in any case, a fatwa is a cleric's opinion. there are thousands of fatwas going all the time.

and what is "the Sharia Court of the U.K."?!

7157, RE: huh?
Posted by ya Setshego, Fri Oct-11-02 01:41 AM
| It's a fundamentalist militant group in London. There is a huge
Sudanese
Arab Muslim population in London. Maybe you should go to Google or
Yahoo
and look it up. I just heard of them when the fatwa was issued against
me.
| Kola

>>and what is "the Sharia Court of the U.K."?!

7158, On Harry Belafonte
Posted by ya Setshego, Thu Oct-10-02 02:02 AM
Dearest One,
|
| I was just reading the comments of Harry Belafonte...and I am
thinking:
"Why are these so called Black people taking the side of Africa's worst
and
most atrocious oppressors in human history--the Arab Muslim?"
|
| Like so many "Black" North Africans, I am so angry and feel so
betrayed
that Black Americans are supporting the agendas of racist, evil nations
such as Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Jordan, etc.
|
| What I notice (and I intend to make a public issue of this very soon)
is
that all these Black Americans who have marvelous experiences with
Arabs
are people who would, in our caste system, not be considered "African"
black--but "bastardo", which is more acceptable. Harry Belafonte, Maya
Angelou, Louis Farrakhan (and even my hero Malcolm X) look nothing like
the
African people who are oppressed and enslaved...and as well as being
"lightskinned"....all of the afformentioned people are AMERICAN. Yet
they
go visit Arabs, get treated like "honorary whites" for a few months,
and
they come back and spread the gospel about the virtues of these satanic
Arab Muslim governments....many of which have Black men's children
chained
up to the back doors of their homes like dogs...and feed them as such.
|
| They should not be so ignorant and arrogant with their stupid support
of
the Arab Muslim regimes. French people are hospitable to Black
Americans...but have an infamous tradition of brutality and racism
towards
"African Blacks". I am wondering why the Black Americans do not
question
this?
|
| What it really means is that the Black Americans are being
used...they
are being used by the Arab governments, because they provide
a...foothole
in America....a group of supporters who can be a thorn in the sides of
the
White King (who granted, is one hell of an asshole and Africa's second
worse enemy).
|
| Mr. Harry Belafonte fails to realize that he, too, is a house nigger.
In
my country, he would not even be considered a "Black man". He would be
considered "American half-caste" (in Arabic, they would call him
bastard
the minute they got mad with him). I don't particularly care for Colin
Powell's policies, but something makes me have more respect for Powell
than
I do for pretentious people like Belafonte. And I ask the Blacks
reading
this......what do you think would become of your lives if this world
were
suddenly taken over by Arab Muslims?
|
| Do you really think they would call you "brother" then?
|
| Please don't be foold. NO ONE....in human history, including the
Whites....have ever done as much evil or killed and dehumanized more
Black
people than the Arab Muslims of the world.
|
| This too shall come into the light.
|
| Kola Boof

7159, Why pick on poor ol' Harry Belafonte?
Posted by ya Setshego, Thu Oct-10-02 06:27 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20021009/people_nm/politics_belafonte_dc_4
7160, RE: This is completely stupid
Posted by Rexdale, Thu Oct-10-02 07:56 AM
I can't believe ppl on this site, who are supposed to be intelligent enough to not believe everything they read, are buying into what this chick is saying. THIS CHICK TALKS ABOUT being about Africa and shit, WHEN SHE'S HALF ARAB (then she's gonna go and comment on how blacks in the states should act). She clearly has an agenda, because any smart person knows that no Arab government gives a shit about some bull shiting chick, when they have the States to worry about. Come on ya'll, get it together, why does she need to help blacks in the States, when pure Africans are dying. This chick is mad shady, and it's sad to see mad ppl buying into her shit, she has something against Arabs, and Muslims in general. Maybe she wasn't loved or something......

peace
7161, RE: This is completely stupid
Posted by Rexdale, Thu Oct-10-02 08:01 AM
and please (this goes out to everyone who doesn't know how to speak Arabic or isn't Muslim) DO US ALL A FAVOUR, STOP THROWING AROUND words like Fatwa or Jihad when you have no idea what the shit means. Honestly, it is like when ppl start trying to speak French when they can't, sounding or stupid and shit.

Peace
7162, RE: This is completely stupid
Posted by THE TROLL UNDER THE BRIDGE, Thu Oct-10-02 02:45 PM
lol@rexdales comment (true)
7163, now THIS i can agree on
Posted by LexAnne, Fri Oct-11-02 02:10 AM
>and please (this goes out to everyone who doesn't know how
>to speak Arabic or isn't Muslim) DO US ALL A FAVOUR, STOP
>THROWING AROUND words like Fatwa or Jihad when you have no
>idea what the shit means. Honestly, it is like when ppl
>start trying to speak French when they can't, sounding or
>stupid and shit.

people don't understand how fucked up translations can get w/ a language where one word can cover several different concepts... or even what would amount to an entire phrase in english.

i'm especially wary of the analysis of some arabic words/phrases in the mainstream press these days--for obvious reasons.

english is probably the most non-descriptive language there is. that's something that should always be taken into consideration.

"Luxury, then, is a way of
being ignorant, comfortably
An approach to the open market
of least information. Where theories
can thrive, under heavy tarpaulins
without being cracked by ideas."
~Amiri Baraka (LeRoi Jones)
7164, Enough of her Bull
Posted by Sudani, Thu Oct-10-02 08:31 PM
In conclusion,

I think that she needs some type of counseling.

Her father was an Arab and did not like her because she was a girl and his boys died.

She was raised by African Americans but does not deem them "Black/African enough" based upon her comments, yet somehow, she was RAISED IN THE USA and born of a Egyptian Father, to somehow collect the CULTURE of Sudan and officialy became "Blacker Than any African American" by default.

Should she should be treated royally while all black people think that they are not as "African" as she is? African or not, she is a nutcase.

She sound MORE like a White person who CAN NOT get over a Black person being treated better than her.

As a result, she explodes and calls the Black person STUPID for allowing themselves to be treated decently

and attacks them for NOT KNOWING about the things she feels they should know about,

and becomes even angrier because the Black person is NOT taking her White words seriously because they contain attacks and lack facts...

All of this travel and NO PHOTOS? Not a damn thing but her breast. She is supposed to be "Blacker than thou" "Black Queen" etc. She acts and sounds like a high school student who is very immature and lacks the ability to direct her emotions to the appropraite people

and cannot express herself without using her body in place of her intellect because her intellect cannot stand alone and much of her emotion is misdirected.

7165, RE: Enough of her Bull
Posted by yuckwheat, Fri Oct-11-02 05:36 AM
so she deserves to be killed...

for in my view, exposing how pitiful "fundamentalist" muslims are.

praise her and taslim nasrin and other women like them, who are courageous enough to stand up and express their views even when they are so violently opposed.

7166, RE: Enough of her Bull
Posted by Sudani, Fri Oct-11-02 01:53 PM
>so she deserves to be killed...

READ:

"In conclusion,
I think that she needs some type of counseling.".....

>for in my view, exposing how pitiful "fundamentalist"
>muslims are.

Reading is "Fundamental"...

7167, RE: Enough of her Bull
Posted by yuckwheat, Fri Oct-11-02 03:17 PM
she doesnt need counselling, and she doesnt deserve to have a "fatwa" issued on her because some muslims are incapable of handling what she has to say, and others muslims arent willing to step up and say it's wrong because they're too chicken shyt and brainwashed.

you all are still pitiful.
7168, RE: Enough of her Bull
Posted by Sudani, Sun Oct-13-02 05:01 AM
>she doesnt need counselling, and she doesnt deserve to have
>a "fatwa" issued on her...

Is that MY fault? I am for fighting for MY people, not a people who think negatively of me simply because I have(waaaaaaaaay down the line) some other blood in me( half-breed is what she said HER people would call me)... Kola Boof thinks she is better than any African AMerican simply because she was born in Africa and that is JUST LIKE thinking you are better SIMPLY because you are (latino,european,west indian,puerto rican, african american,etc.) Flashing boobs is the ways she tries to win support because she KNOWS her words handicap her.

because some muslims are incapable
>of handling what she has to say,

All she defends is herself... her people...her ideas....no matter how wrong and absurd they are. She actually feels comfortable calling herself an "authentic" african woman...yet she complains of the divisiveness of Arabs? She thinks that I am a "half-breed"? She is the one with the Arab father.....

and others muslims arent
>willing to step up and say it's wrong because they're too
>chicken shyt and brainwashed.

How would YOU KNOW if other muslims have stepped up to say it was wrong or not UNLESS it was broadcast on tv,radio,etc.?

The muslims who you HAVE heard from of this board before I posted ALREADY explained the reality of a "fatwa"...

>
>you all are still pitiful.

Pity is what I feel when I realize that people can niether READ NOR COMPREHEND simple text.

Pity is what I feel when people are so blinded by breasts and "authentic" africans, that they will blindly accept anything those "authentics" say without question...

7169, RE: Enough of her Bull
Posted by yuckwheat, Tue Oct-15-02 02:27 AM
>Is that MY fault? I am for fighting for MY people, not a
>people who think negatively of me simply because I
>have(waaaaaaaaay down the line) some other blood in me(
>half-breed is what she said HER people would call me)...

for such a champion of literacy, i find it curious that you would fail to comprehend the dymanic kola boof was referring to (and that it was NOT an insult) when she mentioned that a man who looks like mr. belafonte (ie: fair complexioned), though a "black" person in america, would NOT be seen as such in the middle eastern/north african world (and for that matter in latin america, south africa, etc.) BECAUSE the "whites" there are operating a different brand of white supremacy using different racial definitions due to differences in demographics and THEREFORE the experience of a person who looks like mr. belafonte in the middle east/north africa would be COMPLETELY different than it would be for a person of a significantly darker hue, especially an INDIGENIOUS black person instead of somebody from a WESTERN country. This is why she later gave the example of FRANCE, which had long been a "haven" for black americans like josephine baker and james baldwin while at the same time they were oppressing other blacks in french guiana, the ivory coast, senegal, etc.

>Kola Boof thinks she is better than any African AMerican
>simply because she was born in Africa and that is JUST LIKE
>thinking you are better SIMPLY because you are
>(latino,european,west indian,puerto rican, african
>american,etc.) Flashing boobs is the ways she tries to win
>support because she KNOWS her words handicap her.

no, she did NOT insinuate she was "better" than african-americans. as i clarified above, she EXPLAINED the difference between the "informal" color caste system operating in north africa and the "informal" colour caste system operating in the US. it is different, and that should be taken into consideration when people who LOOK LIKE mr. belafonte travel to these countries and talk glowingly of their dealings with wheaty complexioned arabs. their opinions should be taken with a LUMP of salt.

>
> because some muslims are incapable
>>of handling what she has to say,
>
>All she defends is herself... her people...her ideas....no
>matter how wrong and absurd they are. She actually feels
>comfortable calling herself an "authentic" african
>woman...yet she complains of the divisiveness of Arabs? She
>thinks that I am a "half-breed"? She is the one with the
>Arab father.....

she did NOT state that you are a half-breed, or that ALL african-americans are half-breeds, she stated that a mixed looking person from america would be seen as a "half-breed" and therefore NON-black in the arab world. yes, she has an arab father, she has not hid this NOR as she hid the fact that her arab father CHOSE to align himself with the indigenious blacks of north africa instead of the HOSTILE light skinned invaders and their numerous brainwashed "mixed" children. she also made the choice and will likely pay with her life....

7170, Re: *
Posted by yuckwheat, Tue Oct-15-02 02:29 AM
0 here.
7171, hmm...keep us posted
Posted by LexAnne, Fri Oct-11-02 02:11 AM
i don't know enough to form an opinion, but it appears there's a LOT of conflicting info on this woman & her motives...

either way, it's always a tragedy when beliefs and ideas are persecuted.

"Luxury, then, is a way of
being ignorant, comfortably
An approach to the open market
of least information. Where theories
can thrive, under heavy tarpaulins
without being cracked by ideas."
~Amiri Baraka (LeRoi Jones)
7172, RE: hmm...keep us posted
Posted by AZ, Fri Oct-11-02 05:53 AM
>either way, it's always a tragedy when beliefs and ideas are
>persecuted.
>