Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectpart time wisdom
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=693&mesg_id=773
773, part time wisdom
Posted by osoclasi, Sat May-29-04 08:12 AM
>Just going to hit the points that need replying to so we can
>see about shortening this up.

Response: Sure no problem, look like I am going out later on tonight.
>
>1) No, Christ is not the attribute, he is the one that
>personifies the Wisdom of God. When this is actively being
>personified, he is the one doing it.

Response: So that means that Christ is only wisdom part of the time and not all the time. Part time wisdom LOL. So when Paul called Chirst the wisdom of God he was calling him part time wisdom of God, I see.

Being serious when it says that wisdom was created (and you agree it was created) even though Christ is only personifying would you agree that Christ is an *accurate* personifyer of wisdom?

Meaning even though Christ is parttime, would not his personification illustrate an accurate portrayal of what the attribute wisdom really is? A creation, if so then that means that wisdom is created and God was wisdomless, if not that means that Christ is not an accurate personification of the attribute wisdom. Ouch.

>2) The Wisdom of God is the Wisdom of God. There is no
>contextual limitation on this.

Response: But listen, if Christ is an accurate personifier of wisdom, then if he is personifing wisdom at proverbs 8 then that means that wisdom truely was created and God was wisdomless at one point, futhermore, if Christ is not accurate, he misrepresented an attribute of God and therefore sinned.

Futhermore, I found this in response to your professor friend in my Hebrew Textbook, if I am reading it right then I've got the ansewr, this is a pretty technical book. Walke and O'Connor p 109 in Biblical Hebrew Syntax...

" Sometimes the grammatical form of a noun *differs* from its semantic significance, for example, a collective noun such as moledet 'descendents' (fem) or an abstract noun such as qoholet 'teacher'(fem) may have a male referent. When such clashes arise in a language, concord can follow grammaticle gender such as (as it does in Latin or Italian) or it can follow the semantic orientation of the noun: Hebrew prefers the latter course sometimes called the constructio ad sensum (construction according to the sense"). Thus we find hayah gohelet hacam 'the teacher was wise (qol 12:9).

This explains Tony why amon being masucline can have a femal referent i.e. wisdom, Hebrew does this and likes to go with the constructio ad sensum.
>
>3) I'm wondering if you can demonstrate a single use of ARCH
>ala Rev 3:14 that is not with a partitive genitive. It has
>been several months since I've done my word study, but that
>was one of the points I noticed. It was consistently
>partitive.

Response: Umm I don't see Mark 1:1 as partitive.

arche tou euaggeliou, I see that as subjective as well.

Meaning the gospel's start.

It sounds like Wallace is reading his theology
>into things. Christ can't be the one starting it, for the
>intermediate agent can't start it, the intermediate agent is
>intermediate. The middle man never makes the product, he
>only delivers it.
>

Response: Well I think it can refer to him starting, depends on how God worked through him. If Jesus spoke and then God empowered him or worked through him then he is the one who started all things.