Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: answer to John 20:17.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=693&mesg_id=730
730, RE: answer to John 20:17.
Posted by osoclasi, Mon May-24-04 11:42 AM
>
>its not swearing. the name shal not be taken 'in vain.' if
>one is amazed by the works or words of God or a Prophet, esp
>if it is something beyond belief, it is common in semetic
>history and culture to excalim "My God!" to both signify
>belief in God or a Prophet, and to show belief in the work.

Response: You are making stuff up here, it is not common amonst Jews to say *My God* and it be ok. Remember these are the same Jews who don't even pronounce the name of YHWH and replace it with Hashem. So *My God* is taking the name of the Lord in vein.
>
>DOES it matter how he prays? why would 'God' need to pray?
>prayer AND communication involve TWO.

Response; Right two persons were communicating, the Father to the Son. And Jesus does not need prayer, but communication with the Father was a must since he was to be obediant to the Father on earth as a human and became submissive to his will. (Phil 2:7) Notice it says that Christ was in the existance of God and humbled himself, not the Father, but he humbled himself.
>My will and Your will. sounds like a seperation to me.

Response; My will and not your will would be seperation.
>
>Sounds like a Prophet and human servant of God looking and
>asking God for help and guidance...

Response: Since I believe that Jesus was also fully human and a prophet, I have no problem with him asking the Father for guidance while on earth.

>i dont get these mental gymnastics. it is easier to multiply
>Godhood, than to understand who glory is ascribed to? The
>glory of God is not the same as the Glory of god's
>Creations, and of God miracles and wonders, and of God's
>prophets.

Response; Well I agree the glory of GOd is different than the creation, the only problem is the Son recieves the same glory as the Father here...

Revelation 5:13
And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever."

>MY glory. the Glory that is DUE to God. it doesnt mean that
>NO ONE ELSE SHALL HAVE GLORY. but you dont ascribe the glory
>of being Creator, or pray to someone else.

Response: Well I agree except here Jesus recieves the same as the Father.

Revelation 5:13
And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever."

>
>uh, why dont you share the implication. it seems Jesus is
>stopping them from ascribing Godhood (or equity) to him.

Response: Where do you see Jesus even talking about his own deity or his own nature in that passage.