Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectQuestions and an answer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6855&mesg_id=6942
6942, Questions and an answer
Posted by KSol, Thu Oct-31-02 08:23 AM
>>>O.k., now how did your family/friends know how to do this(help >>you w/ your struggles)? Do you think that it is instinctive or >>something learned.

>>both.

>>>Why don't they dishonor you, or laugh at you, or talk about you >>behind your back? Do you think the first human beings did this >>and learned not to, or do you think that they just loved and >>showed compassion inately?

>>a general sense of empathy (which is present in almost any >>mammal) towards family (those who share the most genes) that's >>been honed and refined over the past few million years. And >>with these nice big brains of ours, there's obviously a much >>more complex process, but the "basics" are still inherited from >>our ancestors.

But where did our ancestors get the "basics" from is the question.

Well of course you can take "courses" that will help someone deal with their struggles(psychology/counseling etc. courses). That is something that you can "learn" to do, to "hone and refine" the instinctive traits that were given to us as humans. To understand ourselves better. But what I'm asking is where initially did those traits come from?

Can you learn how to draw, sing, or dance??? It will take a very long time, maybe your whole life but ultimately it is achieveable. But what about that person who didn't have to learn? What about that person that just got it like that? Where did it come from? Was it a glitch or a gift?

Does a baby, fresh from the womb, "learn" to cry out in fear because of a new surrounding or is that something instinctive?

Does a baby "learn" to look for the mother's breast so he/she may be suckled or is that instinctive?

If your mother/father got hit by a car before your very eyes, would you "think" to run to their rescue in urgency, or would you "think" to say: "Well, since my empathy hasn't been fine tuned to that level yet, then I'll just sit back and wait until it gets to that point."???...Or Would you even "think" at all?!...Do you think the first human beings did this? Do you think anything has changed or "evolved" inately in us as humans(mourning the dead, compassion for humanity, empathy levels, etc.) is what I'm asking???

***These are all rhetorical questions, and you and I know what the answers are.***

Getting back to the matter at hand, so where did these traits initiate?

Kick science and "these nice big brains of ours(which has gotten us in trouble since the beginning)" out the window for a sec and put your heart in there place.

What or who is the orgin of Life in general?

We as human beings with our finiteness, death, short-lives, etc. will never scientifically know. Our cognition cannot preceive the answer by scientific evidence. Now you can "choose" to live your life searching for a scientifically unattainable answer, or you can "choose" to live your life for what has been given to us to know. You make the choice.

So what now?

This is where faith comes into play.

Since we will never know, tangibly, the answers to the orgin of Life, then we must believe in faith as our only means to the unknown.

You can overcome your issues with trust(not just you...we all have em' buddy) by trusting in the words of the maker of trust.