Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I have a feeling
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6855&mesg_id=6941
6941, RE: I have a feeling
Posted by soul creator, Wed Oct-30-02 08:15 AM
>>>O.k., now how did your family/friends know how to do this(help >>you w/ your struggles)? Do you think that it is instinctive or >>something learned.

both.

>>>Why don't they dishonor you, or laugh at you, or talk about you >>behind your back? Do you think the first human beings did this >>and learned not to, or do you think that they just loved and >>showed compassion inately?

a general sense of empathy (which is present in almost any mammal) towards family (those who share the most genes) that's been honed and refined over the past few million years. And with these nice big brains of ours, there's obviously a much more complex process, but the "basics" are still inherited from our ancestors.

I'm willing to bet that any species who didn't have some kind of empathy towards their young/others would more than likely not be around today (how can a species survive if they keep letting their unattended children die off, lol)

--

and and shit

"I have to say that even though I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in humanity in any other area, I have the utmost confidence in our ability to kill shit."