Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: response to quantum mechanics vacuum theory
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6855&mesg_id=6926
6926, RE: response to quantum mechanics vacuum theory
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Oct-28-02 08:33 PM
>wow. impressive
>Un-impressive that is

Yes, so "Un-impressive", in fact, that Guth received the Benjamin Franklin Medal in physics, often a precursor to the Nobel Prize, joining such past Franklin laureates as Edwin Hubble, Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein - yep, very un-impressive indeed.

>imagine a vacuum with no matter. this proves there must be
>matter in the vacuum..

That is not what it says at all - try again slick. While you're at it, maybe you can also explain to me again how Heisenberg's uncertainty principle has nothing to do with virtual particle production in a vacuum - I mean, you're obviously so much smarter than Dr. Guth that you can prove him wrong with a two-sentence logistics argument that has nothing to do with what his theory says or the scientific principles involved; I'm sure you're likewise smarter than Heisenberg and can prove him wrong too.

>ahem...good logic...

"I don't understand this theory, therefore it isn't true" - even better logic. Of course this from the genius who presented this iron-clad argument: "'energy cannot be created or destroyed but can only be transformed' - this proves that energy was created by a creator." ...yeah, good logic; attempting to prove your personal beliefs with a scientific principle that directly contradicts them - absolutely brilliant!

>this is a scientific theory with little support

How would you know? Did you even read the article? It looks more like you skimmed it for about 30 seconds, because evidenced by your failed little attempt at a logics argument you don't even understand what the theory actually says, let alone the scientific support behind it. Look, you posed your question under scientific principles; if you're not even going to bother trying to understand a scientific answer, then don't ask the question under the guise of science.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is Precious Roy! You guys are SUCKERS!!!

Precious Roy,
Precious Roy,
Making lots of suckers out of girls and boys!
*PING*