Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Proof A Creator Exists ( Part II )
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6855&mesg_id=6920
6920, RE: Proof A Creator Exists ( Part II )
Posted by takinthecoltrane, Mon Oct-28-02 02:28 PM
Man I'm tired of all this "man is incapable of understanding" bullshit, and no I'm not just trying to be a pessimist, I do know what I'm talking about, I've read Dogen, Huang Po, Diamond Heart and the other important Sutras, Dhammapada, Upanishads, Bhagavaad Gita, Al'Quran, the Bible, the Torah, Gateless Barrier etc. etc. in multiple translations, not to mention Shankara, Sri Ramakrishna, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and so many others in my quest to achieve a greater understanding of the universe (shit I know all that sounds ridiculously pretentious but I'm just trying to show that I'm not just mouthing off), and I've come to the conclusion that the only way we can become greater as a species is to attempt to elevate ourselves to the level of say a St. Francis of Assisi or the prophet Muhammad etc. etc., they began as people, therefore man can in fact become one with "god" or have understanding similar to "god". If you have the belief that man is forever incapable of understanding anything greater than the world right in front of us in the terms commonly used to describe it, then there's really no point in debating any of this because you'll never understand since you're human and not god, thereby making any opinions you have about a higher power completely and totally false.

How then can you tell me that you have a statement that you belive proves the existence of a higher power when you also believe that you can never understand that power? And don't tell me that you can understand its existence but that you can't understand its methods, that shit is a cop-out if I've ever heard one, trust me I know I live in Huntsville fucking Alabama where racist conservative pricks are a dime a dozen.

*breathes*

I mean no disrespect to anyone it's just that people need to stop making overarching comments/explanations about the nature of the cosmos unless they've really discovered a brand new idea that's never been thought of by anyone else in humanity's history, and it's highly unlikely that any of us are going to have such an idea, since such people are about as rare as you can possibly get. In other words: don't recycle shit and act like it's new and profound, try and immerse yourself in the knowledge already available and then if you think you've found something that's not present in any existing religious or scientific texts share it with people. THEN you'll be helping out your fellow human, whereas now you're just creating unrest and dischord between people.

"It's not about a salary it's all about reality."
-KRS-One

"Me being wack is like naps on Kojack."
-RZA