Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: if you have some more info
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6855&mesg_id=6900
6900, RE: if you have some more info
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Oct-31-02 11:42 PM
>Response: Yeah, the wording is really trickey. He is not
>writting this article for the laymen at all.

Well in addition i think the guy is Japanese or Korean or something so english probably isn't his 1st language. But the concepts themselves are tricky to explain anyway.

>Ok, so you are
>saying that the energy is what is coming from nothing. Hmmm,
>thats very interesting. I wonder how in the world that is
>taking place?

I have no idea; I don't think anyone really does, though. An alternative explanation is this theory of "", but I don't know much about it, if it is actually "real" energy in the physical sense or whatever. But basically I don't think anyone has a definite answer for that one.

>Response: that makes sense. I'd like to read some more about
>this ( don't know if I can completely follow it) but I'd
>like to do some more research. If you have a link or
>something in which I can read something I'd appreciate it.

I don't really know of any links that explain it well, when I was looking for a link to post I just googled Heisenberg + uncertainty+ virtual particles and went from there. Some of the links were way too technical for me and others too general, so I looked around until I found one that was at my speed. I'd say if you're interested you could do the same and find one you can follow. That might take a little time, but I don't really know any other good links to start you off with - I thought this one was pretty good but I guess not. There's tons of stuff on it out there though, it's just a matter of finding one you can follow.

>Response: Man, now that is unique. I wonder how they
>observed all of this?

Well you cannot directly observe this, but there are observable effects that virtual particles have that can be measured. The best examples I know of are the , a small attractive force which acts between two neutral parallel conducting plates that is caused by quantum vacuum fluctuations of virtual particles; and , in which a virtual electron/positron pair is attracted/repelled by the charge of a "real" electron, causing a net polarization of the vacuum which screens the real electron's charge to a measurable degree.

So it's kind of like a black hole; you can't directly see it, but you can observe the effects it has on other objects/phenomena, like when the gravity of a black hole affects the movement of a nearby star.

>Now too my knowledge Stephen Hawkin
>and Guth disagree on the creation of the earth correct?
>Hawkins believes that the earth has always been here and
>Guth believes in a big bang sort of deal. This is what I
>have heard but not sure if I am correct.

I don't really know Hawkings' view on the creation of the universe or how it disagrees with Guth's.

>Response: Ok, I follow this. Yeah give me some info if you
>have some. I'd like to read a little more about this stuff.

Like I said, I don't know of any links that explain it very clearly, so just google "virtual particles" and surf around until you find something you can follow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Behind the turntables is where he stands
Then there is the movement of his hands
So when asked who's the best, y'all should say:
'Run-D.M.C. and JAM MASTER JAY!'"

R.I.P. Jam Master Jay:
Thank you for always representing us the right way.
"God damn, that DJ made my day!"