Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMinibus
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6549&mesg_id=6612
6612, Minibus
Posted by kemetian, Mon Aug-26-02 04:30 AM
Today I took the minibus. It was like the ones in JA, luckily I was with someone who knew which ones to go on. We were actually just running some errands, paying a bill, picking up a parallel to USB cable. There are several computer stores and an internet café on almost every corner. I have not quite got used to seeing the poverty yet. There are many beggars, ppl on the street with no fingers, deformed limbs, no legs and I saw 2 ppl with nothing from the waste down, walking on their hands. The exhaust was killing me today too. It’s hard to bear, next time I will go out with a wrap. There are many large buses and trucks with black smoke coming from them. We went to a restaurant in a big yellow building Dembel: center. It’s really nice, like a mall sort of with lots of shops. My favorite drink here is a mineral water called Ambo from a town with the same name. The restaurant had a great view. Wouldn’t u know I met some Jamaicans in the center.i overheard them speaking and picked up the accent.. so I went back and asked. They were from ATL visiting, so that was cool. Yardies are everywhere, what can I say?