Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectDupont Cir. (sorry 4 postjack)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6549&mesg_id=6609
6609, Dupont Cir. (sorry 4 postjack)
Posted by Gyrofrog, Mon Sep-09-02 05:15 PM
>where are you now that you're moving to dc?

Staying with my sister near Dupont Cir. until we find an apt., where we'll stay until we find a house. I'm supposed to work in Reston, and we've been looking at houses WAY out in VA, but various technical problems at the Reston office mean I may be telecommuting for a while.

If I'm not mistaken, y'all are in Montgomery Co.? We liked it out there, but maybe beyond our budget (we're set on getting a detached house).

>have you been before?

Oh yes, 4 times in the past year and a half, and she's much more familiar with DC than I am.

>you will be amazed by the sheer number of habesha
>businesses around here and the variety of injera (seregna is
>the best, though)

Yeah, that's something, seeing different "brands" of injera. My fiancee was disappointed with the tej in the restaurants (not just in DC, but Dallas too). I've never tried the "Real McCoy" so I probably don't know any better. Seemed fine to me...

Lalibela in Alexandria was my favorite restaurant in/near DC (so far). Actually I think the best Ethiopian food that I had in a restaurant was in Seattle.

>a close friend of ours has the jerry cans and doles it out
>to us by the cup. i've never seen anyone so protective of
>anything before in my life!

My konjo says, of course, because that's what makes wat, wat! (I think there's a pun in there)