Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectbut what does the Quran say about
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6399&mesg_id=6511
6511, but what does the Quran say about
Posted by osoclasi, Fri Nov-15-02 06:00 PM
the bible?? Before I answer the below contridictions I think it is important to see what the Qur'an says:

Sura Baqara 2:136 points out that their is no difference between the scriptures which preceded and those of the Qur'an saying. ".. the revelation given to us... and Jesus... we make no difference between one and another of them. Sura Nissa 4:136 says "... Believe... and the scripture which He sent before him. Sura Ma-ida 5:68 says " People of the book! stand fast by the law, the gospel, and all revelation that hath come to you from Your Lord. It is the revelation that has come to thee from Thy Lord.

Now on to the contridictions.

>
>Humans were created after the other animals. (1:25-27)
>
>and
>
>The first man and woman were created simultaneously. (1:27)
>
>Humans were created before the other animals. (2:18-19)
>
>The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman
>from the man's rib. (2:18-22)
>
>did they read this stuff b4 they made it up?

Response: The problem with this arguement is that you are assuming that Gen 2 is intended to be a creation account. Gen 1 mentions the creation of man as the last of a series, and without many details, whereas Gen 2 man is the center of interest and more specific details are given about him and his setting.Gen 2 is built upon the foundation of Chpt 1 and represents itself no different tradition than the first chapter or discepant account of the order of creation. Many near eastern nations did this in their stories, they would tell a story one way then tell it agian in more detail.

My turn:

Does Allah lead astray?

Sura 35:8 " Allah leaves stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills.

Or man:
" It was not Allah who wronged them, but they wronged their own souls.

>
>Gen.4:4
>"And the Lord had respect unto Abel."
>
>and
>
>Rom.2:11
>"For there is no respect of persons with God."

Response: Before using these arguements it might be helpful to look at another translation. NASB(one of my favorites)

Rom 2:11 "For there is no PARTIALITY with God." In otherwords from the context of that passage, there is no difference between jews and gentiles. Look at verse 10 " to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For there is no..." Gen and Romans are argueing two entirely different points. Genesis is saying that God is pleased with Abels sacrifice.

MY TURN:

Evil and Good where do they come from?

4:78 " If some good befalls them, they say " This is from Allah". But if evil, they say " This is from thee (O Prophet). Say: " All things are from Allah..."

4:79 " Whatever good, (O Man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself.

>>1 Jn.4:9
>"God sent his only begotten son into the world."
>
>Job 1:6
>"The sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord,
>and Satan came also among them

Response: Plural verses singular. Bene elolohim is pluaral Ben Elohim is singular. Angels, humans etc are never called son (singular) of God they are always sons (plural) of God.

My Turn

What was man created from, blood, clay, dust, or nothing?

"Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
"But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
"He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).

>
>next.................
>
>Acts 26:23
>"That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first
>that should rise from the dead.
>
>Kg.13:21
>"And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that,
>behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into
>the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and
>touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his
>feet."

Response: But you need to check the context inwhich Paul was speaking. When Paul says that Christ is the first be raised from the dead he is speaking in the sense that Christ is the first to be raised to never die again. This is clearly pointed out in other Pauline letters like for instance in Rom 8:29 Paul calls Christ the firstborn among many brothers, what is he saying? Christ is the first person to die and to be raised and to never die again just like we will. Also check 1 Cor 15:23.

My turn:

The first Muslim was Muhammad? Abraham? Jacob? Moses?

"And I am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam," (39:12).

"When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe." (7:143).

"And this was the legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam," (2:132).

>
>next.......
>
>Acts 10:36
>"The word which God sent unto the children of Israel,
>preaching peace by Jesus Christ."
>
>Lk.12:51
>"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell
>you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there
>shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and
>two against three. The father shall be divided against the
>son, and the son against the father; the mother against the
>daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in
>law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law
>against her mother in law."

Response: Actually Acts and Luke are using the word peace in different context. In Acts Peter is addressing gentiles, the type of peace that he is talking about is peace between God and man. Man needs to be reconciled with God, the jews thought only they were reconiled, here peter is telling Gentiles that they too are reconciled with God. In Luke I think it is helpful to compare the same verse to that of Matthew in order to get the full context of what Jesus is saying. He says in verse 37 "He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy..." So whats he saying? That there is a choice that one has to make between God and everything else that you love. If a person loves his mother more than God something is wrong especially if that mother is an unbeliever then that family will divide. Because you are no longer loyal to your family you are loyal to God.

I will answer the rest on another post before this gets too long.