Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: ALL YALL TALK TO MUCH!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6399&mesg_id=6496
6496, RE: ALL YALL TALK TO MUCH!!!
Posted by osoclasi, Wed Nov-13-02 06:26 PM

>2. whoever it was that put the Surah about disobedient woman
>& to beat them

Response: Um, that would be me.
>
>read more & if u did pos the rest of it not only what is
>convenient to your point
>it says to beat them with what a tooth brush i believe & to
>be as heavy handed as a feather

Response: Tooth brush?? are you sure bout that??

>really its sayin if nothing else works u need to go head &
>leave that broad alone & give her none & u cant be tryin to
>knock her out cuz shes a female & u got to be gentle with
>her!

Response: Well, lucky for us I have a Qu'ran right here. (flip/flip)Ah here it is... well let me add more than last time.

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given the one more than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obediant, and guard in absence what God would have them to guard.As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first),(next), refuse to share their beds,(and last) beat them; but if they return to obediance, seek not against them means of annoyance..."

I don't see anything about a tooth brush. Hmm well lucky for me I have another translation sitting right here. Well lets look at that one. (flip/flip)

"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obediant. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those whom you fear disobediance, admonish them, forsake them in beds apart, AND BEAT THEM. Then if they obey you, take no futher action against them...

But wait why don't we look in one of the hadiths.

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 124:
Narrated Usama:

The Prophet said, "I stood at the gate of Paradise and saw that the majority of the people who entered it were the poor, while the wealthy were stopped at the gate (for the accounts). But the companions of the Fire were ordered to be taken to the Fire. Then I stood at the gate of the Fire and saw that the majority of those who entered it were women."

I don't see any tooth brushes here either. Oh well maybe its in the arabic.