Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: but you ADDED to that verse
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6399&mesg_id=6491
6491, RE: but you ADDED to that verse
Posted by osoclasi, Sat Nov-16-02 01:02 PM
>and you can see in Surah 2:62, "surely those who believe,
>and those who are Jews and the Christians, and the Sabians,
>whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good,
>they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is
>no fear for them, nor shall they grieve."
>
>also, Surah 2:87 "And most certainly We gave Musa the Book
>and We sent apostles after him one after another..."

Response: Yeah, I got a theory to that. I think from my research that Mohammed changed after he got an army, his later surahs reflect a different attitude towards jews and Christians.

for instance: "They do blaspheme who say God is Christ the son of Mary." (thats me) But said Christ: O children of Israel! Worship God, my lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with God- God will forbid him the Garden, and the FIRE WILL BE HIS ABODE. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. sura 5:72.

yep its curtains for me. :)
>
>
>and what part of the stories of adam (surah 2)

Response: Well in the story of Adam, they were not even on earth they were someplace else. Allah forgave them of their sins. Hence no need for a messiah, and Adam was created higher than angels.

, noah (surah
>10 and others),

Response: Well in Noah's case one of his sons turns rebellious and dies. Hence who are the table of nations.

i'm not claiming that ALL the stories are the
>same. just that some of the key ones are, and that it
>illustrates the companionship of the two books & how the 2
>religions can be seen as parts of a whole.

Response: No not at all, because like I said. No original sin, no messiah. Therefore the two can never be harmonized, seeing that I believe in the trinity will send me to hell. I am not looking to go to an isalmic study section any time soon.
>

>