Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: and this is all you should say
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6399&mesg_id=6473
6473, RE: and this is all you should say
Posted by rl9, Fri Nov-15-02 06:05 AM
>Response: Well, I am not trying to prove anything. My first post was saying that the more you look at Islam the worse it gets. Then someone told me to put up a sura proving my point. So I >did, then that lead to the topic of women in islam. And I was asked to put up another sura, so I did. So its up to you, you can debate either topic I don't mind.

well, i think that someone was me. and this is what i said:

>does anyone have passages from the quran supporting your
>argument whateva it might be?
>cause that could clear up a lot of misunderstandings and
>show who really knows and who's out there thinking.

by saying anybody i meant everybody that has a certain opinion/belief on what the quran says, no matter if you're a muslim or not.

again, i believe that there are too many people out there thinking what islam is and not really knowing.

the last couple of years folks tried to tell me all sorts of stuff about islam, from violent religion to anti-christs.
i've always been telling them that we all believe in the same god and we all want to go to the same place and our religions don't really differ that much if you look at the ''core message'', i.e. love/respect each other etc.

BUT i don't know, i'm thinking!
i haven't read enough in the quran to really join a debate on this. all i know is from my muslim friends and a few quotes from the quran.

for example i would like to more about this point that osoclasi brought up:

>But wait why don't we look in one of the hadiths.

>Volume 7, Book 62, Number 124:
>Narrated Usama:

>The Prophet said, "I stood at the gate of Paradise and saw that the majority of the people who entered it were the poor, while the wealthy were stopped at the gate (for the accounts). But the >companions of the Fire were ordered to be taken to the Fire. Then I stood at the gate of the Fire and saw that the majority of those who entered it were women."

i still would like a muslim to comment on this.

i know osoclasi knows his bible. some might argue that he is wrong on some interpretations but you can't really say that he has no knowledge of what he's talking about.
just look at some archived discussions we had on christianity.
i knew (or at least hoped) you'd give us your ''proof'' for your point from the quran. i mean your first post was almost begging for further elaboration ;-)

sadly no one really followed your example and REALLY started to build.
i always hear muslims say islam is about peace and love but nobody backed it off with Allah's or Mohammed's words.
bashing any religion should be a no no here but at the same time what's the point in saying ''what do you want to tell me about my religion?'' or ''who are you to school me on islam?''.
if you know better, then please get the facts out there.

it's probably unfair. maybe we are all just music lovers stuck in the wrong forum.