Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectResponse
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6399&mesg_id=6466
6466, Response
Posted by DeRayeMustafa, Wed Nov-13-02 10:39 PM
And believe me, this is only partial. I will come back with your correction. I'm still missing your intention of posting. Is it to prove that Islam as a religion and as a way of life holds women in a lower manner or is it the relationship between Musims and non Muslims. Either way God willing I will try my best to provide you proof to the error in you judgement or thought. But until then, answer me this. What is the Christian or Judeo-Christian stance in these manners. I'd love to hear your answers. From my own "look" into the Bible I found things that were far more literal and either spitefull or hatefull when it came to relations with non believers. I recall Joshua destroying whole tribes men, women and children, and on the subject of treatment of women, I found your "apostle" Paul to say this:

I Corinthians 14:34,35 "As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak but must be silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must remain in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in a church."

I await you "response". And please come with something other than the "Christian response" of how that was then, the church has changed. If that is your answer, who gave anyone permission to change anything? Anyways, know that I come not to defame the name of Christianity as it appears you come. I am not trying to create a further divide between Christian and Muslim, but I am curious as to why you seek to discredit Islam so, when yet your own house is out of order.

But as to Surah 9:29 I will get back to you on that. I believe that you are speaking or quoting the Qur'an out of context, but since I do not know all, I have to go to the lab and get my read on!
---------------------------(*)---------------------------
Ramadan Mubarak!