Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: THIS MUSLIM WOMANS GONNA HAVE TO SPEAK UP
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6399&mesg_id=6439
6439, RE: THIS MUSLIM WOMANS GONNA HAVE TO SPEAK UP
Posted by rl9, Tue Nov-12-02 08:19 AM
>okay i will say this once
>
>its not ISLAM that is doing anything it is not the QURAN
>
>these are sins of the father literally
>
>if the faith is sooooo bad nobodys forcin her to be Muslim
>in the netherlands!!
>
it's obviously not THAT easy. try to tell that to my neighbour.
i don't think her father would be cool if she'd say to him that she no longer wants to wear her scarf and convert to christianity.

>People put to much faith in MAN & follow laws & rules made
>by another so called "brother" or sister. What happened to
>worship no other but him...they forgot who him is or what??
>
>u gotta find your own relationship with GOD
>
>above all else EVEN ya parents.
>

true. cosign.

>& SHE IS A OPPORTUNIST!!!

i'd be careful with that. you don't know her.

>CUZ THOSE FEMALES IN AFGHANISTAN HAVE BEEN BEING MISTREATED
>FOR YEARS & NO ONE CARED ABOUT THIER PLITH UNTIL AFTER 911
>BEFORE THAT IT WAS "THEIR CULTURE, THEIR BUSINESS"

true. they(americans, europeans) only care when it happens in their neighbourhood. they want foreigners to assimilate to a certain extent. but i remember we discussed this in high school and that was before 911.okay i did not study the quran enough to be an expert and i'm not muslim but i do have some first hand info.
i do know that it is does happen pretty often that women from islamic families are forced to marry men they don't know.
i had classmates in school that went through this and one of my neighbours is experiencing the same thing.
i've had many friends and basketball teammates from turkey, iran and afghanistan that told me the same thing, ''my sister will not marry somebody without my fathers or my approval''.
a lot of girls can't finish school and pursue a career because (mostly) the father got other plans for her.
no big deal. they are pretty open about it. it's not a secret. the public is pretty much aware of that. but nobody really speaks up against it.
it's pretty common among SOME families. in europe they get labeled conservative.

i am not the one to judge and say if such acts are wrong. but those things happen in turkish and other muslim families.
can you blame the quran for that? i don't have an answer for that. but it is reality to some people with roots in arabic countries, whether you call that a problem or not.

at the same time i do have turkish friends that some would call liberal or modern. they pretty much have the same lifestyle as everyone else. the girls even at a young age are allowed to do the same things like the boys.
of course the anti-islam peeps might argue that they are not representative because they only carry ''muslim'' as a label but do not practice their religion like it's supposed to.

news like this do no muslim a favour especially in this anti-islam climate that we have nowadays.
but it does happen and denying it is not a solution to the problem if you see it as one.