Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectExactly!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6399&mesg_id=6430
6430, Exactly!
Posted by DeRayeMustafa, Mon Nov-11-02 01:00 PM
That's waht I was gonna say. Or something like it. People have this sickness in their minds that when a Muslim does anything wrong the whole of Muslims or Islam itself is suddenly the cause of this individuals or this certain communities actions. People are still very very ignorant and can't for some reason or another separate Islam from the actions of some Muslims. A lot of these things are due to cultural bias's. I remember I met this lady at a bus station about 5-6 years ago and we got on the conversation of Islam and she asked me if it was true that Muslim men locked they're wives up in towers. I kind of laughed, but at the same time was hurt because this woman was dead serious. She actually thought that we taught this in our deen. The way I look at it though, we waste our times arguing with kafirs about what Islam is and what it isn't. I'm sick of arguing. From now on, dawah is the only weapon of choice for me. If as non-Muslim has a sincere question about Islam I will answer it with the best of my ability, or I will try to show it in my own life. But I won't argue with them anymore.

To those of you who aren't Muslim, I say this with no intentions of angering you, but to let you know, when you read stories like these, don't fall for the obvious. Don't just go on believing that Islam is some sort of back wards religion, because it isn't. You don't have to take my word for it, but come on. Use some common sense. Or better yet, ask yourself, is this allowed in my own religion, then judge or better yet, make an educated judgement about Islam. Or if you want to know if Islam is bad for women, ask a Muslim woman. Plain and simple.

--------------------------(*)---------------------------
Ramadan Mubarak!