Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: a WEEKEND in "Egypt" changed you life?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6317&mesg_id=6331
6331, RE: a WEEKEND in "Egypt" changed you life?
Posted by CantCBob, Tue Dec-10-02 10:29 AM
have you ever even been to Egypt? There are a few large resort hotels but there is nothing resort about the place at all. Thanks for the life lesson on what should and shouldnīt alter a personīs view of life though. I stayed with a large family on the outskirts of Cairo who had no running water, flies all over their food, trash in their irrigation canal, and a roof made out of palm leaves. It really reminded me of a nice club med resort. Maybe they call the other countries dark because the people have darker skin than them, but hey thatīs just the logical side of my brain working. Iīm sorry I havenīt had the opportunity to drive through Liberia, Iīm sure it would change my life, but it changes my life whenever I go anywhere. Egypt was a real serious life changer though. Being in the Middle East at a time such as now, just totally turned everything upside down. And Egypt is supposed to be one of the most developed countries in africa and the middle east, I canīt even imagine what other places must be like. But it was far from a resort, maybe you just didnīt go to the right places.