Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBROTHAS CONFERENCE: Q4K,Aqua,Korr,Sherron,Isa,Troll,Int
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6242&mesg_id=6242
6242, BROTHAS CONFERENCE: Q4K,Aqua,Korr,Sherron,Isa,Troll,Int
Posted by Quest4Knowledge, Wed Jan-08-03 04:31 PM
..and every other.

Welcome to the first Brothas Conference. This is an open forum of discussion for the Black Males of OkayActivist. It is an annual dialouge to build with each other. Although we may have differing opinions and political stances (liberal, conservative, democrat, independant, republican, etc.) or different walks of life (Christian, Muslim, 5%, Rasta, Atheist/Agnostic, homosexual, "straight", Afrikan, Asiatic, etc.) we all share one common thing. Whether we be lightskinned or the darkest of dark.. we're still cut from the same cloth, face the same problems, and generally want the same things in life.. just like most-all human beings. Again, this is a discussion for brothas and ONLY brothas (or brother, bruva, whichever you prefer). The topics can go anywhere; from politics, to social issues, to music, reparations, interracial dating, police brutality, to health, religion, sex, sports, love or whatever as long as it pertains to the mind of the Black male. Here are the rules:

-No offtopic discussion.

-No (And I repeat NO) posts from non-Black males (and let me say this; if any of y'all left out even THINK about reporting this to GLove as an "offensive post" you'd better think long and hard before you click that send button on the inbox screen).

-Please ignore all posts from outsiders (non-Black males). Either address them in inbox or start a different thread.

-Please don't let this turn into any fights. Let's keep it positive.

-No Uncle Toms (e.g. Expertise) allowed. (I'm kiddin').

iight. So now that we got that outta the way... what do y'all think has been the most positive or uplifting thing this year in regards to us as a demographic vs. the worst or most demonizing?

Just an ice breaker.

"Let's make this bond to keep this Hip-Hop strong" -Guru.

Peace and Love
-Ren