Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectnope.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=6116&mesg_id=6128
6128, nope.
Posted by Utamaroho, Tue Feb-18-03 06:50 PM
"Didn't the Kemetians have the first idea of recognizing a monotheistic God?"

they didn't have a word or concept withing their ideology that mimicked the concept we know as "god". if you were to look for teh word "god" you wouldn't find one in their literature. simply, of course, because this is a european term. LIKEWISE when looking for concepts similar to GOD of european usage you would find only "parts". the reason the term "god" is used in ANY way relating to Kemet is becasue this is simpy the "closest" word in this language to describe the ideas they were seeing...

if i told you i had a concept of this being that controlled the universe that was all knowing, but was neither omnipotent and omni present...would you say i worshipped a God? no. because the concept of ideas concerning god exist within narrow parameters and carry certain properties. to say that kemetians believied in "god" is a disservice to their spiritual system. it's like saying someone who eats only chicken and fish is a vegetarian!