Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: How
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=6112
6112, RE: How
Posted by Saracen, Wed Feb-26-03 10:42 AM
Her family story is crazy....basically though her pops went to Saudi on business, converted- and never came back....BEFORE he converted.....he was beating everybody and very ill....but i mean Islam did not make him come back and be a better father, so, whatever....but the effect it had on her moms kpet the violence cycle and mental games going.....

when we met i was not Muslim.....neither was she...in fact her fam frowned on Islam, since pops dipped......i converted....during a time when we were not togehter (she moved far away)....but we kept in contact over the years.....when we got back together, her moms was really NOT checking for me...I had changed my name, came to Islam....in her head, I was jut like her husband...a man who was gonna leave......but my wife saw how Islam had made me better......so she stayed with me....

her moms wanted her to marry a white guy (her father was white) and did not take kindly to her daughter marrying a black man....even thogugh MOMS was black......basically when the wifey told moms we were getting married, moms disowned her......she did not come to the wedding...none of her brother sna sisters came either out of a bizzare solidarity with the mother.......

that was 8 years ago....we have 2 kids, they have never seen and it's kinda sad and tragic on one side....but the peace and no violence and mental games isa SERIOUS upside...my wife however did not convert until about 3 years after we were married...she was always supportive and studied Islam, but i did not care if she converted or not, as we were natural born soulmates......she was in labor with our first child and they thought she was gonna die, so she took shahada so at least she could die a Muslim....we found out later that one of her sisters also dipped from the fam and converted to Islam....but we have no contact with her..life is a wild ride.

-Saracen

"There is nothing noble about being superior to your fellow man. True nobility comes from being superior to your old self." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)