Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectu know what
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=6094
6094, u know what
Posted by Cre8, Tue Feb-25-03 01:01 PM
I was reading the bogus obiturary dressing that the Sun-Times placed on the 21 young folks that died at E2. And one brother was noted as being a h.s. drop-out, thinking about getting his GED(but no action), living with his sister who was trying to get him on a more productive track, and babysitting. Top it off dude was bout 24-25 and had a daughter. And I had to stop and think about that cause I know at least 2 Black men that carry the same life style. They don't want to work, still want some money and to go clubbin, and don't mind sitting around a house for 9hrs babysitting. This is definately not a wonderful thing, but if these ruffneck actin mofo's can sit around a house for 9hrs watching, cooking and cleaning up around kids, then they can for damn sure put aside that 'pride' when it comes supporting they're woman and taking up half of her 'motherlyduties'.

One thing I never care to do is procreate with a man thats feels he's too damn manly to tend to a house and be a FATHER to our child, meaning if I were to die, he would still keep the house together and nuture the kids, rather than leaving them with grandma like so many mofo's do. This is very important especially considering more and more Black women are being targeted for AIDS/HIV, cancers, strokes, heartdisease, diabetes, jail etc.