Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectIt does not have 2 B
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=6093
6093, It does not have 2 B
Posted by ya Setshego, Tue Feb-25-03 12:31 PM
SOLELY the woman's work. U have Brothahs right on this very site who attempt to uplift their Queens through diet, and offer knowledge through conversation, building, what-have-you(I won't call anyone out specifically on it, they can speak/write on it themselves if they choose 2). The point is, it works both ways. I am not saying that ONLY women can do this. I'm saying that we can exert much power THROUGH doing this. If U want 2 go out, B a Warrior-Princess, do U're thang, and have HIM stay home donning socks, and preparing food, that is fine, but, most Brothahs are not strong enough within themselves to accept that role, at this particular time in our his(OUR)story. There are a FEW out there that "I" know of, but not many. OR, you BOTH can B out there, taking turns doing your respective thang, while the other is home w/ the children. It is not a cookie-cutter kind of strategy, Sis. Nor should it B.

>> If it is so powerful then why are they
>not right there alongside the women? Why is it "women's
>work"? Why is it not work that we ALL do to live?
>
>>I understand and
>appreciate your point though. We don't ONLY have to be
>>relegated to those two positions in order to exert power.
>>Don't sleep on those two positions though. Revolutions can
>>be started or thwarted by women right from those very
>>places....
>
>Thank you and on that note -
>I'll create my own paths.