Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectif it aint through conditioning then what is it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=6045
6045, if it aint through conditioning then what is it
Posted by iyapostewart, Wed Feb-19-03 09:05 AM
freewill or submission to reach that which you wish to obtain. this is a 50/50 contribution to the problem. i don't like the fact that they state monogamy as being american. ok everything we've effing picked up is based on american progression. (ie this afro, locs, and other stuff) granite we've also reached into several other cultures to build a " conscious culture". i'm like if your going to be afrocentric bring it to the traditions of africa before america was established. go way way way back.
but the thing with islam is that the islam in america is different from that which is outside of this country. and they have established standards based on a dislike for certain things in the american culture. you can't tell me that monogamy is american and wear a suit and bow tie as if thats not american. or be about capitalism as if thats not american. this is where truth steps in. ok yall with me. based on the society we live in their is a demand to eliminate that which is a downfall. ie covering the body because we are attracted to certain things that is a truth. eyes instinctly create a sense of attraction in the body when it recognizes beauty. i wont go to deep but there are over all truths and the truths that exist individualisticly per human that can be backed up but can also be debated.
ok i'm going to say this and i hope it doesnt offend anyone.(but if it does help me to see another side) but from my recent thoughts on the n.o.i. i believe they are able to be simply because they take in the weak, the lost, some of the lowest walks of life, who like everyone else has the quest for truth, knowledge, understanding, and love as a part of their life mission and feeds them something that seems so great far before they are given the chance to think. i mean really think. its like a cure for those who are down and for those who have already been thinking or get that chance to see another light stop taking the medicine. thats why people leave the religion. it is the same system of several other religions and several other systems in life.
i know i strayed from the topic of the post a little but this falls in line. leaders have been proven to work. so has the family structure. the problem is that there is a far greater demand for us to progess as people in knowledge and other things that things like family become left behind. a leader cant be a family man unless hes leading the cause to bring back the family. the leaders who lack in the family field are not fighting for family. a leader must belong to the nation to the cause.
(just something for ya'll to think about)

peace

-you only got one life to live so all my children its better to give then recieve life is short days of our lives seem to speed still waiting for the day they legalize weed/
i'm tired of dreamin i wanna hit the big screenan but keep an open eye for those cats that stay schemin
~shyheim and folks (1999)

-ase7 productions future projects in film!!!

http://members.blackplanet.com/pistachio/