Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectbut my point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=5997
5997, but my point
Posted by lionelzeus, Tue Feb-25-03 09:20 AM
>>Im not upholding anything im just stating that people have a
>>right to sleep with who they choose. The original poster
>>started talking about how its wrong to sleep with more than
>>one person. I personaly think she needs to mind her
>>businees.
>>Just cause you sleep with more than woman doesnt make you
>>ignorant or your ideas anyless valid then someone who is
>>monagamous.
>
>agreed. but her point was about men who are supposedly in
>commited relationships & continuously break that bond, while
>preaching monogamy & faithfulness. or the strength of the
>black family.

Well my point on that was who cares thats between the man and the woman. The stength of family is important but not every family unit is nuclear. Everyones mother and father are not together so we need to find other ways besides the conventional to raise youth. Also there are men who dont cheat on there wives and are not good fathers. See Lex my whole thing is we need to stop putting our faith in leaders everyone has faults.
People need to start thinking for themselves everyone is sitting around waiting for the Messiah. Well everytime the Messiah comes he gets assasinated. Then the movement dies and people go home and conform with society.

>
>you know that skit before the common/mc lyte song on "like
>water for chocolate" when he's talking to the fan like,
>"yeah sista, 'cause i believe we all need to stick together
>as black people and blah blah blah" and then his hoe comes
>in & he curses at her & slaps her around? that's an extreme,
>but it's the dualistic attitude a lot of these men have (and
>i know you mentioned physical abuse as crossing a line, but
>you are aware that psychological abuse can be just as if not
>more damaging, correct? let's not battle semantics).

Yes mental and physical abuse is both and equaly wrong no doubt.
But somethings like cheating while wrong are also very human. Just like screaming on someone cause you had a bad day. These things happen and while it sucks for the victim its still human.
As we all know to error is human. Now another thing im going to address is how the original poster makes women out to be victims. Women have a say in whether or not to take the man back. If she takes the man back thats her choice and she is no longer the victim. Looking at sexuality is not as easy as people think people are attracted to more than one person.
For some people its easier to control there sex drive than others.

>
>multiple sex partners & multiple marriages are two different
>things. a king would have never treated one of his
>concubines like his queen(s). it's like apples and oranges.

Well not to me marriage is just a title thrown around by society for tax breaks. If your married to 3 women your still having sex with 3 women theres no difference in my book. Look lets just drop the titles of king queen marriage and see shit for what it really is.

>...not to mention the original post wasn't even about famous
>or well known people. just ordinary every day folks who
>can't keep their dirt under the rug long enough to keep from
>looking like assholes when they come w/ all the
>"righteousness"

Shes the one who bought up Jesse Jackson not me. See if you listen to her babble long enough her real motivation behind the post comes out. On the surface you think shes just talking about men who abuse women. Then as the conversation progresses it she starts attacking any man who has sex with more than one woman single or married. Also when people get exposed with extra marital affairs I dont care. Its only news because people are nosy and ignorant. There lives suck so they wanna be entertained off someone elses misery. If a man does great things for the community then it comes out he had another woman on the side does that marginalize what hes done for the community. I say no and if anyone says yes then your a bigger fool for propaganda then your admitting.