Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthat wasn't her point, tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=5996
5996, that wasn't her point, tho
Posted by LexM, Tue Feb-25-03 07:55 AM
>Im not upholding anything im just stating that people have a
>right to sleep with who they choose. The original poster
>started talking about how its wrong to sleep with more than
>one person. I personaly think she needs to mind her
>businees.
>Just cause you sleep with more than woman doesnt make you
>ignorant or your ideas anyless valid then someone who is
>monagamous.

agreed. but her point was about men who are supposedly in commited relationships & continuously break that bond, while preaching monogamy & faithfulness. or the strength of the black family.

or men who talk about how black women are the queens of the universe or what have you, then turn around and patronize & demean the women they "love".

you know that skit before the common/mc lyte song on "like water for chocolate" when he's talking to the fan like, "yeah sista, 'cause i believe we all need to stick together as black people and blah blah blah" and then his hoe comes in & he curses at her & slaps her around? that's an extreme, but it's the dualistic attitude a lot of these men have (and i know you mentioned physical abuse as crossing a line, but you are aware that psychological abuse can be just as if not more damaging, correct? let's not battle semantics).

>Well again that spirit shit means nothing to me and wasnt
>upholding any values. I was just pointing other societies
>that practice polygamy and function just fine. Now all those
>other things may have went hand in hand with there society
>but the bottom line is polygamy worked. All I can say is
>respect thge person or persons your with you cant equate
>multiple sex partners with abuse.

multiple sex partners & multiple marriages are two different things. a king would have never treated one of his concubines like his queen(s). it's like apples and oranges.

you're comparing a lot of different things in an effort to make a point the poster really wasn't trying to get at.

...not to mention the original post wasn't even about famous or well known people. just ordinary every day folks who can't keep their dirt under the rug long enough to keep from looking like assholes when they come w/ all the "righteousness"

that's not being nosy, that's just bein real.

"The IAEA's experience in nuclear verification shows that it is possible, particularly with an intrusive verification system, to assess the presence or absence of a nuclear weapons program in a state even without the full co-operation of the inspected state." ~Mohamed ElBaradei

guess what? there's only one planet. nukes = homelessness.