Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectok someone intelligent
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=5995
5995, ok someone intelligent
Posted by lionelzeus, Tue Feb-25-03 07:29 AM

>about "westernization" you certainly do have a very
>dichotomy filled worldview.
>
>you keep trying to separate body, mind and spirit and place
>science above & beyond those aspects when they are all
>intertwined--a VERY western way of thinking. along with your
>determination to separate actions and words

Ok the reason I bought science into the conversation was she asked me to prove the physical benefits of sex.
Concerning sprituality nah im not a so called spiritual person I really dont believe in that. I believe everything is up to the man or woman you can control the outcome of your own life.
Im not claiming science is the absolute truth because that was created by man so its got faults also. But man does not create the truths that science has unearthed. So when you start talking about spirits thats just your opinion and not anythiing you can back up with proof.

>or is polygamy the only eastern ideal you're willing to hold
>up? if you're going to discuss it, discuss it from the
>community/family aspects it was meant to have in context.

Im not upholding anything im just stating that people have a right to sleep with who they choose. The original poster started talking about how its wrong to sleep with more than one person. I personaly think she needs to mind her businees.
Just cause you sleep with more than woman doesnt make you ignorant or your ideas anyless valid then someone who is monagamous.

>it wasn't about just getting to fuck who you wanted. a man
>still had to treat all his wives as fairly as possible to be
>seen as an upstanding member of his community. that was part
>of keeping his body, spirit, and mind clean in addition to
>contributing to the community thru his family. that was the
>ideal.

Well again that spirit shit means nothing to me and wasnt upholding any values. I was just pointing other societies that practice polygamy and function just fine. Now all those other things may have went hand in hand with there society but the bottom line is polygamy worked. All I can say is respect thge person or persons your with you cant equate multiple sex partners with abuse.