Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectKeyword: OVERCOME
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=5988
5988, Keyword: OVERCOME
Posted by Cre8, Wed Feb-19-03 10:01 AM
The problem with most of these guys it that they are not trying to overcome treating women a certain way, yet they want to appear positive to the community. I mean how on earth can you claim to be uplifting your people (men/women/children) when you treat the very person you share your body with like a dog? No you may not be beating on them and perhaps you haven't contracted an STD, AIDS/HIV yet, but a promiscuious life style is not a healthy one regardless of the contraceptive and the most hurtful relationships between men and women are not due to physical abuse but cheating and losing trust and respect for that person.

In talking with elders, I've been told that when people lay with others they pick up of whatever spirit & scent that person has. And truth is we do pick up some of the characteristics of the people we are intimate with and its usually one of the reasons why folks tend to always end up in relationships with a certain character of person. Its a case of like attracts like.
Now just think, if a person that claims to be uplifting a community is sleeping around with numerous people, their minds can't possibly be concerned with the positive because they are too busy uplifting asses and sooner or later it will defeat their community work.

Just look at Jesse Jackson and the P.U.S.H coilition. I can't say how long he has been humpin around, but just think of how much further P.U.S.H might have grown had his mind been concentrated on 'family' and his community work, and look at how much he's infedilities has cost (time, money & respect)P.U.S.H as well as Jesse himself.