Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThat 1st one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5967&mesg_id=5971
5971, That 1st one
Posted by Cre8, Tue Feb-18-03 12:06 PM
Is so true, it seems like many of these cats just want a piece of mind control on folks (particularly women) and will throw out demeaning shit at them as ways of pulling them in. One example, I was at this p-set and this dude was talking bout how women do this and do that along with how some woman allowed him to do whatever to her and I just could not understand how dude could stand their yakkin bout how women need to change YET he was admitting to keeping this woman down.
There was no mention of rather or not this woman saw more in him that he did himself, no mention of if she loved him and thought their relations or relationship was sacred, just him dogging her for having sex (which to her might have been 'making love') with him. Then to make matters worse bruh says 'If you get mad at my poetry, its probably cause you see yourself in it'. Now that shit made about as much sense as calling a room full of Black folks 'NIGGERS' and then saying 'if you get mad, thats cause you are one'. But the saddest thing of all is that some of the women would clap for that shit.
Needless to say I had to take a hiatus from that place.