Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Damn good points and questions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5901&mesg_id=5929
5929, RE: Damn good points and questions
Posted by akon, Sat Mar-01-03 04:15 AM
the man in that article is crazy if he thinks the damn republicans gon' even consider condi or collin for prezo. not gon happen. i dont see their presence in the white house as some sort of liberating moment for us- might have a lot to do with imagery, what looks good (i watched this bush interview once and couldn't help noticing that when he got an affirmative action question he was quick to point out that even condi rice agrees with him. implication being because she's black she must speak for the rest of us. sort of saying, look! a black person agrees so i must be right). and that's about it. as i said, i think condi, i visualize white male. collin, he's giving so many mixed signals i dont know whether he's coming or going. either way, if the republicans embraced a jesse jackson, or a sharpton, or a barbara lee, maybe we can start talking about having black representation coming from the right. until then its merely white representation dressed in black skin. not trying to support it.