Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: S.E.E.D.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5811&mesg_id=5832
5832, RE: S.E.E.D.
Posted by Monique, Sun Mar-23-03 12:59 PM
"Second.Capitalism creates jobs and opportunities for people.
"--you just have to take advantage."

Capitalism does create jobs and opportunities for people.
It's the unfair Capitalist who give Capitalism a bad name.

I ain't mad at "bling blingers" cause we the consuming public (whoever) want what they do.They are working!

But,completing my fourth storybook.

Writing,.... ....,printing,self laminating(for preservation) at Kinko,all at a final cost of $17.00-8 pages(that's just Kinko's-glue,cutter,copier,laminator,spiral binding),not including my time,labor,ink,printer usage.

I began to somewhat see the cost for the steps of printing a book,no matter how short.
But,I also thought about how established companies are and plan to find out just how much it would have cost,being they get wholesale supplies.

My son the aspiring Chef started out charging $10.00 for a simple pound cake and they sell.

But,I told him he is charging too much.

Making a slam dunk apple pie,he has now been placed on a committe and I see a change coming for great food.
But,Granny Smith apples are high.But not neccessarily the other ingredients.Depending on how many pies he bake it will include

Expensive Granny Smith Apples-Labour-burning Of My Oven and he uses me as a helper and I am going to demand pay!

Expanding himself,or eventually working from home would create "jobs and opportunities" for others as he Capitalise on his talent! and more.

Overhead,Workers,Production(however to get something out),Materials,Time,Labor-all cost,but still just how much is inflated.
Do we ever know until the shoe is on the other foot.