Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectS.E.E.D.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5811&mesg_id=5811
5811, S.E.E.D.
Posted by Nettrice, Sun Mar-23-03 06:22 AM
A recent post inspired this...

According to author Lynne Franks, SEED stands for "Sustainable Enterprise and Empowerment Dynamics".

When the Iraqi leadership booby-trapped and set fire to their oil fields it was about SEED or keeping the US from taking advantage of the Iraq economy. Oil has been Iraq's sole or main enterprise and has allowed the country, as well as other "Arab" countries to become empowered in the global economic and external power dynamic. The war is about SEED, not even about oppression (the US doesn't care about empowering Iraqi people).

As we all now know, the global power dynamic was upset and that's why we are at war. Many people think it's time to spread or share the enterpise/economics/power and the western powers are defending themselves. This is external to me but I am also a part of that dynamic. Personally, I am involved and interested in SEED, as well.

For me SEED is about tapping the power within. I am not trying to gain control of other people but I am trying to create a power dynamic in my own life and at times that, too, seems like a war. There are people around me that look to keep me from ascending for my benefit or the benefit of my family. Perhaps my success is a challenge to the status quo.

For me, the war in Iraq is a distraction and certainly any victory will have some effect but the US could care less whether or not I am empowered. Externally, it's not about me and, internally, it's not about war. The system is destructive and this post is about building, not destroying.

While the external powers battle it out for their SEED, there are things we can do in our own lives and communities as catalysts for change. It is not always necessary to count all the various ills and stresses affecting our chances of survival...they'll always be there. We have a choice to partially or totally ignore the situation a little longer, become immobilized by fear, or get moving with work we can do right now to sustain our goals and make things happen in our homes and/or communities.

While other battle it out in Iraq, for their SEED what can YOU do for yours?