Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectits war goddamit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5633&mesg_id=5785
5785, its war goddamit
Posted by akon, Mon Mar-24-03 05:18 AM
i was watching the news today and they were saying how the u.s soldiers were complaining because iraqi soldiers are wearing civilian clothes and driving civilian vehicles. and i am like, what are they expected to do? call ahead and say, this is where we are, these are the kinds of cars we are driving and we are wearing brown camouflages, with this or that colour scheme, come and get us? especially when the price you have to pay is your life? and the enemy is so much greater? and then they are talking about the geneva convention. a bit hypocritical considering the u.s is going against the un resolution. should be the last people talking about flounting international law..( and i guess let's not mention the afghani pow's.)

this is such an unfair war it doesn't even make sense (not even getting into the pros and cons of it). why not pick an enemy that at least can put up a fight?

and isn't it messed up that that woman's son is a pow or mia and yet they have the nerve to go interview her for t.v. where's the moral sense of let the woman mourn or come to terms with the situation. everything does not have to be televised. a parents grief should be worth more than ratings.

and for all those that dont believe the media is biased: why aren't we hearing anything about the iraqi's that have lost their lives. they have families too, dont they? be unbiased: show us both points of view...

this war is like a bad movie, for real., wouldn't even get good reviews if it was a movie just cause its really not much of a fight.