Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI support the individuals, not the collective
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5633&mesg_id=5757
5757, I support the individuals, not the collective
Posted by Mr_B, Mon Mar-24-03 01:58 PM
I feel for any front line soldier who has to go thousands of miles from home and possibly get killed because George Fucking Bush said they have to, and they can either follow orders or be a criminal. The same way I feel for any Iraqi citizen that has to fight to survive American led attacks for possibly the second time in 12 years.

I do not support the troops in the "well, they're over there so let's just hope they get back safely" sense, because that sounds too much like a subliminal endorsement for their killing people, to me. I mean, how else are they going to get back safely unless they kill the people trying to kill them? You get enough sound bites of enough people saying "Well yeah, I support our troops," and that's all the editors let you hear/read, well then it starts to sound like everyone is pro-war.

The question is why are they over there where people are going to try to kill them in the first place?