Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectAgreed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5633&mesg_id=5754
5754, Agreed
Posted by Mr_B, Mon Mar-24-03 01:48 PM
I'm straddling the fence, too, though leaning towards an anti-war stance because I can't sincerely support this action when I feel like I haven't been told the whole story.

I'm like - you're actually telling me, with a straight face, that this has NOTHING to do with oil?! Come on, man. If that were the case then where was the US intervention in other cases of civilian oppression throughout the world.

And you mean to tell me that Iraq is the only store open when Al Qaeda is looking for that late night WMD fix?

And we're mad because THEY didn't abide by U.N. regulations - you gotta be kidding me. How can you, with a straight face, tell me in one breath that Iraq has got to be dealt with because they broke the U.N.'s rules, then in the next breath tell me that we're gonna have to say "fuck the U.N." and go kill us some Iraqi's.

In the end, it feels to me like the U.S. is taking action that will result in a whole lot of dead people just so we can stay the biggest and baddest thug on the block. As far as I'm concerned, human life is all humans have, and if you're going to take that away from someone you better have a good, water tight reason.