Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: My new opinion.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5633&mesg_id=5750
5750, RE: My new opinion.
Posted by liquidanger, Thu Mar-20-03 08:23 PM
I've said in these posts before, that when people say that this is a new form of colinalization or the US looking out for their best interests, why not? I hate going into war, our people being in the Middle East, civilian lives in danger, but wouldn't almost any war we got into protect our own interests? Personally, I don't know where I stand on the whole situation, all I know is that Saddam is evil. I've seen the tape of when he came into office, horrifying is the only word to describe it. His family and friends being carried off to be slaughtered, grown men screaming and crying when they started naming names of enemies of the state. That was all it took me to support the overthrow of this guy. But in the argument of the US doing this in their best interest, why else? This is how nations are run, and always have been run. Sure, we may try to make it seem like we are the perfect nation, freedom and all, but at the end of the day, we're going to do some shitty stuff, just like anybody else. And while I never support war itself, I've come to accept it, alnog with all the victories and defeats, physically and critically, and let the chips fall where they may. The US hasn't made a whole lot of good decisions about war since the early 40's, and I didn't expect them to now. Hopefully, we got Saddam while he was sleeping and nobody else will get killed