Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThis war will be VERY interesting ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5633&mesg_id=5653
5653, This war will be VERY interesting ...
Posted by keithdawg, Tue Mar-18-03 12:11 PM
I don't agree with it, but since it is happening, there's a crazy dynamic at hand.

Scenario 1: Saddam does have WMD's.

If Saddam has WMD's, he surely hasn't spent all the time, money and resources, and subjected himself to international scrutiny and (imminent) retribution for nothing.

If Saddam truly has WMD's, it seems safe to assume he'd either use them against the US-led invasion or disseminate them for US against Israeli and American interests.

The repurcussions of him having WMD's and his subsequent deployment of them in the face of invasion will likely be quite severe if this is the scenario.

How would Bush and Co respond to a chemical or bio attack on US troops? Or on American interests? Nukes do not seem too far-fetched to me, especially considering Rumsfield's insistence that the US is willing to use them in response to WMD's launched on US forces. Either way, response to WMD's against America would be fierce and detrimental to people of Iraq, and consequently, to the image of America after zealously catalyzing such a disaster.

Scenario 2: Saddam either doesn't have WMD's or has hidden them some place the US can't find them.

Hah! Could you imagine the repurcussions here ... the cover-ups ... g-dub and Co doublespeak ... "they've already managed to distribute these weapons to Al Queada operatives, and it's the damn UN's fault for not moving on this when they should have".

"If life is prison, then music is the yardtime"--Gift of Gab

"I've been a big genesis fan ... take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion," in which a singer addresses the problem of abusive political authority. This is laid down with a groove funkier and blacker than anything Prince or Michael Jackson-or any other black artist of recent years, for that matter-has come up with ... yet as danceable as the album is, it also has a stripped-down urgency that not even the overrated Bruce Springsteen can equal"--American Psycho

"I'm tryin' to read your poetry but I'm helpless like a rich man's child"--Bob Dylan

"The only thing you owe the past is wasted time"--Beck